By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the nintendo direct (1/14/15) predictions thread

I predict disappointment and Nintendo wasting 10+ minutes pretending the internet doesn't exist and the west doesn't already know all the New 3DS's features.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
ToxicJosh said:
Also; it's always worth remembering that Nintendo is generally fairly accurate in their description of what to expect to see. In this case, spring 2015. Anyone expecting anything after June is likely to be sorely disappointed.

The legendary 2013 January Direct was titled Wii U titles for the rest of the year, which was why it was a blowout. We may get a bone thrown our way regarding Star Fox, Zelda or something new, but the vast majority of 2015 holiday titles Nintendo will want to shout about at E3.

Splatoon is likely to be the latest game we hear about. Keep your expectations in order (the first rule of Nintendo fandom).

Literally every time they've had a "Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall" Direct, they've shown footage for games coming out in the summer, fall, winter, and in Xenoblade's case, the end of the next year.

Anyone not expecting anything after June is likely not familiar enough with how these things rutinely go.

Nintendo announces a Direct a day and a half before it airs.

They announce the theme of that Direct.

If the theme is supposed to focus on a specific season, that is always a bold faced lie.

The Direct always starts and/or ends with a huge announcement.

The Direct is always at least slightly disappointing because most of the announcements are fluff.

I did predict a suprise inclusion. But the rule of thumb with Nintendo is never expect anything beyond what they say they're going to do. Then suprises do what they're supposed to do.

Never get hyped for a Direct. It's simple.

New games. That's what they need to show. If they don't, then they're gonna be in some trouble.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Europe too?

Switch!!!

F it, I am predicting F-zero of some kind

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

i've been saying this for a little while now (mute city in mk8 ftw), tho i think if it happens (prob. for 2016) we'll hear about it at e3..

jetforcejiminy said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

i've been saying this for a little while now (mute city in mk8 ftw), tho i think if it happens (prob. for 2016) we'll hear about it at e3..

Well, Nintendo of Australia tweeted this as other Nintendo tweeters were tweeting Nintendo Direct times:

So I am hoping that there is some merit to it and they aren't such cock teasing up the ass without delivering fuck all. Maybe it might be F-zero GX for the wiiU VC or something

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

fedfed said:
Europe too?

Replied to you in the other thread (didn't quote).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6989010

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ice Climbers RPG
Metroid vs Starfox: Skyfighters
Final Fantasy 16
Kid Icarus 3, with classic graphics
Virtual Boy on Virtual Console
Wii Music 2: Metroid Music
Wii Fight
Cobra Triangle 2
Wario Diet Time
Wario Operation
Metro vs Grandia RPG
Metroid vs Megaman 2D platformer with Child of Light battle system
Assassins Creed vs Wario
Wario Prime, where Wario searches planet Zebes for gold coins
Ninja Goemon U
F-Zero Flux Speed Hyper Shot with guns
Wario Racers
Paper Wario
Kirby Badminton
Wario Baseball
Metroid Grime which is Mario Sunshine reskin with Samus!
Smash Brothers U2
Crazy Kong vs Metroid
Cruisin USA 2

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TomaTito said:
fedfed said:
Europe too?

Replied to you in the other thread (didn't quote).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6989010

Thanks, same here... working hours!!!

New 3DS will be there!

Switch!!!