By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U drought 2K15, who is to blame this year?

I haven't noticed... (Too busy playing SSBU)...

Around the Network
alternine said:
vivster said:
Ubisoft.

Why blame Ubisoft? lol

Why not blame Ubisoft? They're Ubisoft.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Slarvax said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Uh there hasn't been a drought yet. Kirby is coming in February and there'll likely be a Direct between now and the end of the aforementioned month giving us more dates. I could easily see Mario Party 10 in March, Wooly World in April, Mario Maker in May and Splatoon in June. 

Then  Mario Vs. DK in July, Devil's Third in August, XCX in September, Starfox in October, Zelda in November, and Animal Crossing U (Japan at least) or another unnanounced game in December.

Yep it's once again possible for them to have a game a month, though we said the same last year. :L

Wright said:

The consumer, for not purchasing third party games like ZombiU. Had there been more support, we could see things like Resident Evil HD or such on WiiU as well to fight the drought.

Stop trying to pretty it up. It's Nintendo's fault.

bunchanumbers said:
I blame snooty elitist gamers who wouldn't buy a 3rd party game on Wii U. If they did buy them then we'd still have them to this day. 3rd party devs and publishers would still be making games for Wii U if the games sold. Its really as simple as that.

Why would anyone want to buy an inferior version of a game just to support Nintendo? They're a company, not a charity.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Wright said:

The consumer, for not purchasing third party games like ZombiU. Had there been more support, we could see things like Resident Evil HD or such on WiiU as well to fight the drought.

Stop trying to pretty it up. It's Nintendo's fault.

Actually, you're both right.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

vivster said:
alternine said:
vivster said:
Ubisoft.

Why blame Ubisoft? lol

Why not blame Ubisoft? They're Ubisoft.

Oh haha ok well I don't ride Internet hate trains. People will forget this Ubisoft nonsense in time.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I disagree with regards to the drought
As in
I expect Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon and Devils Third to be released in the first half of the year, Mario vs Donkey Kong too perhaps.
Last year we only had Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8.

mii-gamer said:
Captain toad just launched in Europe and Aus/nzl. Kirby and the rainbow curse is already set in stone.

I'm confident that Yoshi Woolly World, Mario Party 10, Mario Vs Donkey Kong and Devil Third will arrive during the first half. Plus, Mario Maker and Splatoon a possibility.

It's not as bad as 2014, with Donkey Kong being the only title available for the majority of the first half.

2nd half will have Starfox, Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X and perhaps Animal Crossing U. I believe it will be a good year for Wii U gamer's.

This.

January is a horrible time to release ANYTHING, and Kirby comes out in February. Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10, etc. are all likely coming in the 1st half of 2015 (one game a month). Star Fox, Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X and unannounced games to be revealed at E3 will fill out the 2nd half. 

Is it possible (and likely) there will be some gaps? Sure. Regardless though, 2015 looks to be a much stronger year, in terms of steady first-party releases, compared to 2013 and 2014. So this thread is premature. At least wait until the first Nintendo Direct of the year before you complain that we're in for another drought. And even then, with the number of first-party games slated for this year already, it seems like an actual multi-month drought is very unlikely. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I kept telling people we'd see a barren Q1-2 this year, just like 2013 and 2014 (and for that matter 2012 and 2011) but people set themselves up for disappointment with wishful thinking that somehow this year would be different.

And guess what; Q1-2 2016 will be dry as well.