By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Kirby and the Rainbow Curse even have a chance of selling well?

Materia-Blade said:
KLXVER said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Huh? Kirby rarely gets games at all.

Yeah, right...

Punch-Out!! rarely gets games at all. Kirby has had like 10 in the last 5 years...

just because it has the character, it doesn't make it a kirby game. they were new ideas with an old character. only return to dreamland was a real kirby.

When he is the star of the game, then it does make it a Kirby game...

Around the Network

I don't think it'll bomb. But I expect it to sell around 800-1m lifetime. Mainly due to legs. Captain Toad will reach 1m due to legs even if its launch wasn't good, same with Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 had a horrible launch but is having extremely good legs.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

kirby is like captain toad, guess what......

CT sold very well

Should sell well and have good legs just like Captain Toad.

I think it'll do a little better than DK: Tropical Freeze. That game came out about the same time last year, but was $10 more expensive, and Wii U has a larger install base now.

Around the Network

I think the price will help alot
Look at NSLU, it was like 30$ and I doubt that game could pass 1m if it was 50$-60$

KLXVER said:
Kirby could use a break. Soooo many other franchises that deserve the spotlight more than that pink bastard...

I feel the same way about that pink bastard ...

I can't see the average consumer today paying close to retail price for a 2D platformer not starring Mario, sadly.

I actually predict it will sell over a million in its lifetime. I think its the kinda fun casual game that uses the gamepad that will help it move units. I think it will really fly in japan. The real problem will be that there will be a ton of sales on the eshop and that will affect its overall sales numbers here. Same with Captain Toad. I know I bought my copy from the eshop so my sale isn't counted here. I bet the same thing happens with Kirby.

bunchanumbers said:
I actually predict it will sell over a million in its lifetime. I think its the kinda fun casual game that uses the gamepad that will help it move units. I think it will really fly in japan. The real problem will be that there will be a ton of sales on the eshop and that will affect its overall sales numbers here. Same with Captain Toad. I know I bought my copy from the eshop so my sale isn't counted here. I bet the same thing happens with Kirby.

Fiddlesticks, I forgot about glorious Nippon.

They love Kirby, don't they?