By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Kirby and the Rainbow Curse even have a chance of selling well?

People are underestimating this game hard. 200k LT? It'll sell that in Japan alone.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
People are underestimating this game hard.

Tell me about it. 

It may not light up the charts like a pyromaniac scarecrow, but like a lot of Wii U games, it will end up higher than many expect.

curl-6 said:
Skullwaker said:

Tell me about it. 

It may not light up the charts like a pyromaniac scarecrow, but like a lot of Wii U games, it will end up higher than many expect.

Yeah, I mean it won't sell Mario Kart/Zelda/Smash numbers by any stretch of the imagination, but for people to say that it will sell less than TW101 LT? That's just wrong. It'll sell because it has Kirby on the box and it's a Nintendo IP. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

curl-6 said:
Skullwaker said:

Tell me about it. 

After bayonetta 2 surpassed most people's ltd predictions in just 2 months, one would expect more realistc predictions on games like this one. But it's the internet, that will never happen.

After looking at this game some more I'm actually started to get interested in it, but I still feel $40 is too much for me considering I'll rarely if ever utilize the multiplayer.

Around the Network

hmm... Hard to tell. I know I will get mine day 1, so honestly I dont care...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

curl-6 said:
teigaga said:
A traditional Kirby game would have sold well (more then Captain Toad), this game will do worse then Toad, probably 200k LT but thats fine its a budget title and I'm not even sure its getting a retail release?

... worldwide?

Wanna bet on that?

Well now I know its a retail release that changes things but I'd bet it won't pass 400k in 2015.

Compareble to Captain Toad´s slaes I suggest.

He's called the "RealGamingExpert", folks ...

Yes. Legs.

And sorry folks, 3D Kirby would not really work that well. Some side-scrollers just don't translate well to full 3D.

Just ask Sonic.