By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

DerpSandwich said:
Looks cool, though I wish their current priority was fixing the characters' AWFUL, PUNCH-ATTRACTING FACES

Xenoblade has always sacrificed character detail for world detail. The characters in the first game looked like refugees from the Dreamcast.

Besides, I don't think they're that bad. 

Around the Network

Gonna to need more than a palette change to convince me that there's actual improvements going on ...

i also notice character detail frequently gets sacrificed for environmental detail in japanese games (nintendo being an exception, since they're all about their characters). even platinum didn't seem to care too much for w101 character models. i think xenoblade is the perfect example of the world trumping the characters.

fatslob-:O said:
Gonna to need more than a palette change to convince me that there's actual improvements going on ...

How about whole new mountains? 

as they should? This is standard for most games. You know, they got time to work on improvements from the past build. I don't see how this is a big thing. It's a shame that character models take a hit. The models looks late PS2 to early PS3/360. Given how big the game is suppose to be, I guess it was inevitable.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:
as they should? This is standard for most games. You know, they got time to work on improvements from the past build. I don't see how this is a big thing.

It's only a big thing because so many games these days go the opposite way and look worse as time goes on.

POE said:
Watch dogs got better with time too didn´t it??

No Watch Dogs is like the best example of a game that was massively downgraded. The only version that looks like the first trailer is the PC version, and that is after modders had to unlock the hidden graphical features. 

sc94597 said:
POE said:

No Watch Dogs is like the best example of a game that was massively downgraded. The only version that looks like the first trailer is the PC version, and that is after modders had to unlock the hidden graphical features. 

it was sarcasm 

POE said:
sc94597 said:
POE said:

it was sarcasm 

Ah, you got me with that one then. :D

I don't see much of a difference at all. Both look equally good.