By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

As far as game characters go, I've definitely seen better, but I've also seen much worse...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

As far as game characters go, I've definitely seen better, but I've also seen much worse...

Oh, I accept that challenge.

I think it is safe to say the girl in the mech representative of in game quality. Not only is that historically how Monolith Soft does things, but we also saw unedited gameplay at E3 that demonstrated that all cutscenes occur in game a la Dragon Age Origins and the only difference is in animations. So cutscene or not, the model is representative of the actual quality of in game assets.

I'm not sure if I see any real improvements in those images. But it doesn't matter anyway, I'm more interested in the game for other reasons. The graphics as is, are serviceable considering what the game is doing or attempting to do.

Tachikoma said:
Materia-Blade said:

who's talking about in-engine? the images we've seen from xenoblade (and any other nintendo games) use in-game graphics, cutscene or not.

games on other consoles tend to make cutscenes that look better than ingame, but that doesn't apply to this thread for the above reasons.

Games that use their own engine for cutscenes generally employ higher quality AA, effects and DOF because the limited field of view permits more controlled usage of power, that's the same for all consoles, and none of us in this thread can say for absolute certainty that the image curl shared is in-game quality or in-cutscene.
Not until the game is actually out, anyway.

You guys can use this for the in game Xenoblade X. I think we can all say for a fact this is in game (treehouse to be exact approx 27:50 in the video). The guy was swinging the camera around after comparing the size of the character to the giant monsters toe nail then fighting a monster on the beach. Now lets see an actual ps2 character (not rendered in HD on PSX2) that looks that good, because even when comparing it to a PS3 remaster of a PS2 game it doesn't cut it. 

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Materia-Blade said:

wrong. all of us can say for certain that the images are ingame quality. we have already seem direct feed  from cutscenes and non cutscenes and the graphics look the same.

Sorry, I've been a games developer and gamer long enough not to buy into that line of thinking without solid "running on the system in front of me" proof.

treehouse. also, nintendo.

Wow, wasn't expecting that much of an upgrade. Hopefully it'll run smooth.

Tachikoma said:
curl-6 said:

Whoever made that deserves to be fired. No, lava-ed.

Tachikoma said:
curl-6 said:

bigtakilla said:

You guys can use this for the in game Xenoblade X. I think we can all say for a fact this is in game (treehouse to be exact approx 27:50 in the video). The guy was swinging the camera around after comparing the size of the character to the giant monsters toe nail then fighting a monster on the beach. Now lets see an actual ps2 character (not rendered in HD on PSX2) that looks that good, because even when comparing it to a PS3 remaster of a PS2 game it doesn't cut it. 

So I'm taking it this can safely put those hilarious clains that the character models are PS2 quality? Is everyone satisfied?