By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

curl-6 said:

-snip-

How about whole new mountains? 

As far as 'new mountains' go I only noticed one new one towards the mid left. Either that could actually be a new asset or a changed asset due to the fact that the front most landform occluded it before until the developer decided to make it taller for some reason. 

The others however have always existed, it's just that Monolith Soft opted to change the steepness in the end ...

Around the Network

The most impressive change for me is that they removed the distance fog on the water in the 2nd picture. Unless that the fog is a environmental variable feature and not just cheaply saving processing power.

As for the faces, I would like them to be slightly improved BUT I read somewhere that the faces are trying to be like the Xenosaga games and it is simply the style they chose instead of lack of detail.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

that's normal on Nintendo games

spemanig said:
I don't see much of a difference at all. Both look equally good.

The first one really only shows some more mountains.

The second one removes the fog on the water (possible distance fog?) and makes the trees look more natural rather than simple sticks.

The third one shows some more detail on the buildings.

And the fourth one... well I cant really tell, honestly I think the latter picture looks a little less detailed.

But thats just me.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

-snip-

How about whole new mountains? 

As far as 'new mountains' go I only noticed one new one towards the mid left. Either that could actually be a new asset or a changed asset due to the fact that the front most landform occluded it before until the developer decided to make it taller for some reason. 

The others however have always existed, it's just that Monolithsoft opted to change the steepness in the end ...

As well as the one on the left, two more now rise over the central rock formation. Maybe they did exist before, but we can't know that, and it still means the new shot is drawing extra geometry.

Around the Network

dear god, the fuck? its 5.11 not 11.5,,,

sc94597 said:

The only version that looks like the first trailer is the PC version, and that is after modders had to unlock the hidden graphical features. 

The mods on PC didn't even make it come close to the original trailer ...

generic-user-1 said:

:p No offense to any Americans, its merely a jest

generic-user-1 said:

american dating convention is mm.dd.yy.

All aboard the overused hype train!