curl-6 said:
generic-user-1 said:
dear god, the fuck? its 5.11 not 11.5,,,

:p No offense to any Americans, its merely a jest

Well... it makes a... logical point!

/hops aboard the hype train

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

A billboard wouldn't work in that shot, as it pans, thereby making a 2D piece of mountain obvious.

Even putting an extremely low detailed mesh would work too for minimal impact on performance ... 

i think xenoblade x could be the one of the best looking games on the wiiu seeing these massive worlds. I hope they will put plenty of big enemies as well

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

A billboard wouldn't work in that shot, as it pans, thereby making a 2D piece of mountain obvious.

Even putting an extremely low detailed mesh would work too for minimal impact on performance ... 

Mesh LOD is standard across virtually all modern 3D games, no?

My point is, they have still added terrain features that weren't there before. That's more than just a pallette swap.

curl-6 said:

My point is, they have still added terrain features that weren't there before. That's more than just a pallette swap.

True but the comparisons felt exaggerated since most of the changes were artistic, hardly technical ...

Around the Network
Ezquimacore said:

lol the characters look better than that, maybe you're talking about the anime design but it's not that bad.

Wow, is it me or did her character model improve a bit? I thought she looked a but essh before (see pic) but on ur pic, she looks better! Maybe its the compression or something but I really hope they are improving the character's faces from the initial trailer like that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The game looks fantastic. And I noticed the visual upgrade some time ago.

Areym said:

as they should? This is standard for most games. You know, they got time to work on improvements from the past build. I don't see how this is a big thing. It's a shame that character models take a hit. The models looks late PS2 to early PS3/360. Given how big the game is suppose to be, I guess it was inevitable.

please, the character models are high ps360 level or higher. and there's more to 3d models than just the faces.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Ezquimacore said:
Areym said:

as they should? This is standard for most games. You know, they got time to work on improvements from the past build. I don't see how this is a big thing. It's a shame that character models take a hit. The models looks late PS2 to early PS3/360. Given how big the game is suppose to be, I guess it was inevitable.

lol the characters look better than that, maybe you're talking about the anime design but it's not that bad.

Wow, is it me or did her character model improve a bit? I thought she looked a but essh before (see pic) but on ur pic, she looks better! Maybe its the compression or something but I really hope they are improving the character's faces from the initial trailer like that

probably, the game will look better than skyrim and for me that's enough to have a satisfactory experience lol
also... MECHS!!!!!!!!! a lot of people are forgetting that detail.

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

True but the comparisons felt exaggerated since most of the changes were artistic, hardly technical ...

I'm not saying there's a quantum leap, just there's a step forwards, as expected.