By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

Ryudo said:

Hey look someone in the sony section getting pissy because of broken promises that was also done with TLOU AI. And you kinda proved the point I was making. They even had to downgrade a cutscene and even in game cutscene use higher rez models but they could not even deliver that and it's kinda funny they show at E3 something as a promise and we get something less that is exactly the same as Ubi. TLOU AI is another huge example. E3 showed adaptive human AI. Final product it's like shooting fish in a barrel with them either running right at you or 5 feet away with you behind them and they don't know you are there.

ND is no different than any other AAA broken promises devloper and I know far more about gaming then you could know lol

I had a long post detailing why exactly you have no idea what you're talking about, and how I find it very unlikely you've ever even played TLOU/Uncharted but I really don't want to derail this thread any further, as it has nothing to do with it. If you want to talk more about how wrong you are, PM me buddy.

Around the Network

Nintendo games typically look better as time goes on... That's something that the rest of the industry really needs to start doing again.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:

Show me a PS2 character like this:

And look to the left and middle to see extra mountains:

The terrain in the gif is diferent but the quality is the same.

Lower poly, lower res textures, no normal mapping. They're not even close to the models in X technically.

And how is having additional assets "the same"?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Nintendo games! Where the visuals actually improve as the game gets closer to release!

And fap worthy is an understatement loll. Its Cumtastic!

Lol Have you seen the character models? Nothing fap worthy about that.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:

Nintendo games! Where the visuals actually improve as the game gets closer to release!

And fap worthy is an understatement loll. Its Cumtastic!

Lol Have you seen the character models? Nothing fap worthy about that.

Well, not everything is perfect in X but that goes the same for every game... But I do think the character models are being improved:

Before:

After:

Sure, its not a major improvement but I think it looks better! Anyway, don't you have to be a downer in some other thread or do Nintendo games and/or opinions of Nintendo fans bother you that much since in virtually every Nintendo thread that you comment in, you are so negative

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Graphics actually improving and not the other way around? What is this sorcery?

responsible game design. sth the industry needs to get with fast.

Sure, its not a major improvement but I think it looks better! Anyway, don't you have to be a downer in some other thread or do Nintendo games and/or opinions of Nintendo fans bother you that much since in virtually every Nintendo thread that you comment in, you are so negative

big surprise it's always the same few people.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Lower poly, lower res textures, no normal mapping. They're not even close to the models in X technically.

And how is having addition assets "the same"?

the quality looks the same to me, just because they changed the terrain does not make it look better and that is what the OP mentions.

about the characters, they be worse in res and have lower poligons but they dont look like lifeless dolls and the design looks terrible, just my opinion dude.

If more detailed terrain doesn't do it for you, fine. 

And if you prefer the PS2 characters, fair enough, it is indeed your opinion. PS2 could never come close to rendering X's characters though.

curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

And how is having addition assets "the same"?

the quality looks the same to me, just because they changed the terrain does not make it look better and that is what the OP mentions.

about the characters, they be worse in res and have lower poligons but they dont look like lifeless dolls and the design looks terrible, just my opinion dude.

If more detailed terrain doesn't do it for you, fine. 

And if you prefer the PS2 characters, fair enough, it is indeed your opinion. PS2 could never come close to rendering X's characters though.

ps2 had enough trouble doing gamecube-level work on re4 (which he cites in his second screenshot). ps2's re4 is lightyears away from even the gamecube version. these claims are absurd but unsurprising. it's a bigger game than any grand theft auto and possibly any elder scrolls title. i think in some ways xenoblade chronicles on the humble wii was as sprawling as seventh gen game design got.

curl-6 said:
DerpSandwich said:
Looks cool, though I wish their current priority was fixing the characters' AWFUL, PUNCH-ATTRACTING FACES

Xenoblade has always sacrificed character detail for world detail. The characters in the first game looked like refugees from the Dreamcast.

Besides, I don't think they're that bad. 

It's really just the design that I hate.  It looks like an old, terrible anime.

God, I just want to punch them and their stupid faces so much.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

riderz13371 said:

I had a long post detailing why exactly you have no idea what you're talking about, and how I find it very unlikely you've ever even played TLOU/Uncharted but I really don't want to derail this thread any further, as it has nothing to do with it. If you want to talk more about how wrong you are, PM me buddy.

So yeah I tossed out TLOU thankfully was given to me so after I played that I got rid of it. Only still have this because for whatever reason keep games that came with the console.

Also getting banned because some Sony fanboyu mod is upset it fucking hilarious.

- M, Carl