By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
jetforcejiminy said:

ps2 had enough trouble doing gamecube-level work on re4 (which he cites in his second screenshot). ps2's re4 is lightyears away from even the gamecube version. these claims are absurd but unsurprising. it's a bigger game than any grand theft auto and possibly any elder scrolls title. i think in some ways xenoblade chronicles on the humble wii was as sprawling as seventh gen game design got.

yes re4 on ps2 looks disgusting , you look at it and compare it to  gamecube version and it looks like a ps1 game , its lightyears away !!!

i know you were trying to be funny, but here you go dude:

ps2 is the grimy looking one with nonexistent hair detail, awful lighting, squarish character model, garbled environmental textures, etc. (right)

bottom is ps2, if it needed pointing out. it looks like a dreamcast game. ps2 re4 looked almost a generation behind gamecube version. technically, lighting was cut back on drastically so that it looked like an inky mess. polys were lower. detail was lower. etc. etc.

Around the Network

Damn those RE4 screen.

I hope Monolith delivers an epic experience, otherwise they'll be pointed at as another developer who didn't meet the super high expectations that the fans had... Though in this case, the fans are hyping the game and not Monolith.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is my most anticipated game of the year, easily... Can't wait to get my hands on it... Will buy two copies Day 1!!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
jetforcejiminy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

yes re4 on ps2 looks disgusting , you look at it and compare it to  gamecube version and it looks like a ps1 game , its lightyears away !!!

i know you were trying to be funny, but here you go dude:

ps2 is the grimy looking one with nonexistent hair detail, awful lighting, squarish character model, garbled environmental textures, etc. (right)

bottom is ps2, if it needed pointing out. it looks like a dreamcast game. ps2 re4 looked almost a generation behind gamecube version. technically, lighting was cut back on drastically so that it looked like an inky mess. polys were lower. detail was lower. etc. etc.

lightyears away !!!

emphasis on the light in lightyears. ;)

"If the game is on a Nintendo console we have to criticise every tiny detail even if the game is a masterpiece"

Looks good but still needs improvement.

Around the Network

Yet an other thread were you guys need to trash something from the competition to make something else appear better/worse than it is.

There's way too much trolling and baiting in here making it near impossible to have a healthy discussion about the actual topic.

Knock it off.

daredevil.shark said:
Looks good but still needs improvement.*

*what everyone has been saying about the order 1886 since it was announced.

jetforcejiminy said:
daredevil.shark said:

yeah my problem with that game is the generic gameplay x_x, graphically stunning but graphics are not enough anymore.

jetforcejiminy said:
daredevil.shark said:

1. I dont want to start a flame war because I am much more educated than "many people" (I am not referring you; its general) here at VGC when it comes to common sense.

2. If you want to derail the thread then please do it by all means.

3. If you want to compare PS4 level visuals then please do it by all means. I would love to see PS4 dominating. PS4 processing power (1.84 tf) > Xbox One (1.31) + PS3 + Xbox 360+ Wii + Wii U.

@Mods - I am sorry for my response. But I was provoked. Otherwise I dont comment such things.

Xenoblade Chronicles X visuals looking exactly the same to those ones of the January 2013 Nintendo Direct.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.