By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - xenoblade x visuals getting better

curl-6 said:
Please knock it off, both of you.
This thread is not about The Order 1886.

Yeah, pretty much this. I don't want to see it past this post.

Or really any off topic post.

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Game looks great and I have high expectations for it. Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my favorite games last gen so as soon as this game comes out or LOD(whichever first) I'm getting a Wii U right away.

LOD?

Seems like they've moved some assets around. I do have a question about video sources. Are they comparing a live gameplay presentation from E3 that was delivered from Youtube to a prerecorded video?

I imagine there'd be an upgrade from the source of the video alone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Can we please go back to Xenoblade? Like come on! I am here for Xenoblade and not for third person shooters.

Here I will start! Look at how giant that monster is on the top right! I mean damn! Are those legs on the bottom and Tentacles on the top? Good Luck with that loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

daredevil.shark said:
Ezquimacore said:

what's your honest opinion about the gameplay of the order

Topic was about graphics not gameplay. If you want to compare gameplay then I say The order 1886 gameplay is better. Xenoblade gameplay looks random MMO hack and slash

please understand

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
veritaz said:
Game looks great and I have high expectations for it. Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my favorite games last gen so as soon as this game comes out or LOD(whichever first) I'm getting a Wii U right away.

LOD?

Legend of Zelda, I accidently typed D instead.

outlawauron said:
Seems like they've moved some assets around. I do have a question about video sources. Are they comparing a live gameplay presentation from E3 that was delivered from Youtube to a prerecorded video?

I imagine there'd be an upgrade from the source of the video alone.

Image quality isn't dramatically different between them. And I don't think higher quality video makes mountains appear. ;)

daredevil.shark said:

3. If you want to compare PS4 level visuals then please do it by all means. I would love to see PS4 dominating. PS4 processing power (1.84 tf) > Xbox One (1.31) + PS3 + Xbox 360+ Wii + Wii U.

Nope. Its not that easy. As soon you utilize the CPU and beginn accessing GDDR (worsed they could have choosen for that) the GPU and overall (!) bandwidth is going down drastically. 

So it was very clever of Sony to choose cores with those enormous 32K L1 cache as it means that any next gen game engine will not only suffer from running on slow netbook cores but getting hit by cache misses on and on.

The Wii U has the most balanced hardware design. And it pays of as the Wii U produces results which nobody thought it would be capable to do so.

Quite the opposite of the PS4 which is simply failing to deliver the promised things. And PCs have already reached the same price/performance level and will drastically improve with NVidia and AMD next gen GPUs. 

Falling back compared to PCs didn't hurt PS3 and X360 as they had their own architecture and developing for the PC was "another thing". 

But now developers can develop for PS4, XOne AND PC at almost no additional costs. And they will utilize the PCs extra hardware power. 

Every single title released for PS4 and PC looks and plays better on the PC side... 

riderz13371 said:

Oh look, another misinformed person who has no idea what they're talking about but still feels the need to post this useless picture.

Do you realize that is a cutscene? Do you realize Naughty Dog never used in game cutscenes, and therefore what they "Downgraded" was essentially a video. 

If you can show me proof of a downgrade when it's IN GAME (I.E actually playing the game) then I'll say you're right, but for now you're just another person with a failed attempt at trying to show Uncharted 3 was downgraded.

"its just a cutscene"...

They fooled you and you'll defend them. 

There is simply no reason to show something different to public first hand than what they know they can deliver for sure other than trying to impress with a render blender.

They know excactly what will be published over and over again. They shiny bright cutscenes. Not the boring gameplay...

So yes: Uncharted 3 was downgraded. 

But of course not for you as you don't expect them showing you the truth.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

POE said:
Watch dogs got better with time too didn´t it??

I don´t think so, I played on  PS4 and it was a decent game, but not mind blowing like INFAMOUS SECOND SON or any thing like that.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.