By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

So it's overtracked. Oh well, still great numbers, it'll be interesting to see what its baseline will throughout the "drought" months.

Around the Network

Unless I'm reading things wrong VGChartz has it at 18.2m with one more week to add so pretty good tracking.

Gaffers can make their jokes about the Chartzzzzz now...
It's overtracked because the VGC numbers are from the 20th December.

forest-spirit said:
Unless I'm reading things wrong VGChartz has it at 18.2m with one more week to add so pretty good tracking.

Two more weeks so it's like a million off almost.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
The hell? Pretty weird that it sold that little during the holidays.

The peak is real.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

VGchartz: 18.2 as of December 20th

Real numbers: 18.5 as of January 4th (source)

I wouldn't call that good tracking, especially considering Christmas, probably overtracked by a million or more.

Amazing numbers! Intitially my guess was 16mn by years end, but then I upped it to 18.5 mn with a possibility of 20mn shipped. My initial guess was WAY off though :).

11 Million people paying for PS Plus must be a major, big thing for Sony. Impressive number.

forest-spirit said:

2 More weeks
and one of the biggest Weeks missing, the Christmas week.

So about 1 million overtracked

Ninsect said:
forest-spirit said:

Two more weeks so it's like a million off almost.

Just realised that. Well, could be worse.