By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

Ban ioi !

:p

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
imo they should've just announced 20m+ shipped lol. Sounds more impressive than 18.5m sold

Perhaps they didn't announce it, because they haven't reached that figure yet

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So XBO might have won some week after all.

Great numbers still tho

Conegamer said:
Ninsect said:
imo they should've just announced 20m+ shipped lol. Sounds more impressive than 18.5m sold

They could've announced "almost" 20 million shipped. 

Uhh that's disappointing but good enough i guess all that 20m talk got us too excited damn it! i wonder if X1 is overtracked? it probably is since MS didn't announce anything yet and i think they would if they really reached 10m sold so what do you guys think?

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
So can everyone now agree that the PS4 CAN be overtracked on vgchartz?

Everyone agreed on that when new November came out. Almost 20m shipped is super by Sony and crushes their initial and our initial estimates 

Hmm. Post from here :http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6904450

Welfare said:

My thoughts here:

So they announce >10 million sold in early August, and 13.5 million shipped by the end of September.

They sold 728k in the US alone in August+September, so that's 10.7 million right there.

Assuming ratios between the US and ROTW remained constant within 5% since the last couple of sales updates (about 35:65), ROTW should be anywhere between 1,092,000 and 1,699,000. That means sales would be anywhere between 11.8 million to 12.4 million sold at the end of September (Basically where VGC has it at).

Now in October, we saw sales go down in the US (of course) by 45%. Now ROTW might not of dropped as much, but still, if the ratio remained constant this month as well, then that is additional 446k to 693k in ROTW. That means sales as of October could be anywhere from 12.5 million to 13.4 million (VGC is within the range, but closer to the high end).

Now November. This is most likely the cause of everything. Assuming the number of PS4's at the end of October are the high end, 13.4 million, they only sold 700k in November. An impossibility. If they were closer to the lower end, 12.5 million, then they sold 1.6 million in November. A possible outcome, as we have no idea on what the US sales are in November until Thursday, and the number would be close to the low end estimate of August+September, which were pretty strong months for PS4 sales.

Or a more likely scenario. These numbers don't include the final week of November.

Following this, I would say the PS4 in November would be anywhere from 2072k to 2763k. That brings the total between 14.6m and 16.2m. Then december sales can be anywhere between 2.3m to 3.9m.

Just my thoughts

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Conegamer said:
Ninsect said:

If not they should of said almost 20m shipped.

Conegamer said:
Ninsect said:

"Almost over 20m" wouldn't be too out there

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:
Ninsect said:

Which would mean that they're doing a fantastic job of selling these things to consumers. Can't imagine that it hasn't shipped close to that, though. At the very least, 19.2-19.5 million.

Oh, no I agree. But it does mean they aren't at 20mil shipped, so the sellthrough is mighty fine.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.