By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

poklane said:
forest-spirit said:
Unless I'm reading things wrong VGChartz has it at 18.2m with one more week to add so pretty good tracking.

VGchartz: 18.2 as of December 20th

Real numbers: 18.5 as of January 4th (source)

I wouldn't call that good tracking, especially considering Christmas.

I don't understand.  How is this overtracking?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

So then it's not the fasting selling console of all time? Well, it probably was at the time of Sony making that statement but the Wii sold more overall in its first year. Pretty interesting considering many people thought it would reach 20m before 2015.

Still a great achievement nonetheless and it's an amazing feat for Sony.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

The almost 11m PS+ subscribers is very impressive though. I wonder how it compares to similar services now

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I'm actually really happy about the PS+ numbers. Sony may live another year with all demz moneyz. And a big thanks to X360 for making paid online a thing!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wii had shipped 20.14m by Jan 2008 so PS4 will be very close to that I bet (1m+ on shelves is appropriate after the holidays).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Wow. Certainly didn't see an overtracking coming. Wonder what else is wrong this month.

IkePoR said:
poklane said:
forest-spirit said:
Unless I'm reading things wrong VGChartz has it at 18.2m with one more week to add so pretty good tracking.

VGchartz: 18.2 as of December 20th

Real numbers: 18.5 as of January 4th (source)

I wouldn't call that good tracking, especially considering Christmas.

I don't understand.  How is this overtracking?

Unless PS4 sold only 300k during December 21st - January 4th (which includes Christmas!) it's overtracked, and it's been selling 750k to 900k the last 3 weeks according to VGChartz. Overtracked by a mile.

imo they should've just announced 20m+ shipped lol. Sounds more impressive than 18.5m sold

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

jlmurph2 said:
Wow. Certainly didn't see an overtracking coming. Wonder what else is wrong this month.

Wii U undertracked by 2m+. BELIEVE

vivster said:
I'm actually really happy about the PS+ numbers. Sony may live another year with all demz moneyz. And a big thanks to X360 for making paid online a thing!

Yeah.....Thanks 360