By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Whose better Spider-Man or Batman?

Batman, no doubt!

Around the Network

Batman.. They kinda went nuts with spider-man in the comics.. Erasing his marriage to mary jane.. Cause he could let poor old woman aunt may die.. Having doc ock take over Peter Parker for a year.. (While superior spider-man was fun story).. And Lets not talk about what they did to venom and carnage..

-edit- i almost forgot spider-man's unmasking and then they undo the unmasking together with his marriage...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Spidey used to be more relateable. He was an every man with problems like you and me. Now, he's all over the place.

Batman has evolved quite a bit from what he used to be but he has become better. A few years back, he was voted the greatest fictional American literary character. Batman is an easy pick for me.

I loved Spider Man growing up, but past twenty years main line comics have been terrible. The clone saga, one more day , and killing Peter twice have all put me off him. The film's have been terrible (Maguire) to average (Garfield) and games have been mediocre lately.

Bat man I had little interest in, but he has really grown on me. Comics have been mixed bag for me, but he does have the best rogues gallery. His films have been good (Burton) bad (Schumacher) and great (Nolan). I consider The Dark Knight as the pinnacle of super hero films. His games use to be meh, but the Arkham series is the gold standard for me in super hero games. He also has the best super hero cartoon to boot with the 90s series.

So, even as a Spider-Man Man fan I confess Batman has been handled far superior in my lifetime.

Spider-Man's just the better hero. He's way more human and relatable than Batman. Don't get me wrong, Batman is good, but that's the problem... he's too good. Too perfect. He seems to have the solution for every problem in a matter of seconds and that takes the fun out of him.

Around the Network

Spider man, batman relies too much on his gadgets

Ruler said:

Spiderman relies too much on his superpowers.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
Ruler said:

Spiderman relies too much on his superpowers.

Its just a small amount and he has to mix a serum himself for using them

Spiderman.

I like em both, but I feel that Batman has been portrayed better in the media than Spiderman. Better in comics, Better in movies, better in TV shows, and in movies.
Characterwise, Spiderman is more well rounded but Batman is more developed partly because he's so much more focused.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank