By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Most Overrated Game You've Played and Disliked?

Sonic Adventure. At the time it was getting 9/10s everywhere even though half the time it was watching Sonic on rails running through the level. Playing as the secondary characters was boring also. It looked amazing at the time and was great to see a Sonic in 3D but I believe his transition to 3D was a bad one. Playing it now it is very very evident that it did no deserve more than a 6/10 but you know, Sega, launch title, Sonic... Yeh.

Around the Network

Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 4 were all meh.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

thatguymarco said:
Final Fantasy VII.

Burn the heretic! *pointing vigorously with index finger at thatguymarco*

Red Dead Redemption.

Hunting Season is done...

Gears of War
Halo
Red Dead Redemption

Storylines were meh. I couldn't find the gameplay any bit really fun or addictive. I honestly can't see what people love about these games so much.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Zoombael said:
thatguymarco said:
Final Fantasy VII.

Burn the heretic! *pointing vigorously with index finger at thatguymarco*

Red Dead Redemption.

LOL

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

Destiny immediately comes to mind. Also, multiple final fantasy games.

Witcher 2
MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 3

Mine is, has been, and probably always will be, Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword. I've never had a game I wanted to like so much, and been so annoyed by the result.

Also, Final Fantasy 8, because it's just awful.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

IkePoR said:
sundin13 said:
Mass Effect 1 and Red Dead Redemption were both massively flawed in my opinion. RDR is certainly not deserving of the praise it gets, and while ME1 isn't as praised as ME2 (for good reason), even the praise it does have is far too much (imo)

Wow RDR is one of my favorite games of all time... my favorite of last gen.  What did you find flawed about it?

I was better able to explain closer to the time I played it...honestly, the whole thing was fairly forgettable.

From what I remember, it was empty, environments were all too similar, the main story was predictable and fairly boring, the gunplay was unremarkable, dead eye made absolutely no sense and did nothing to help the game, all of the collection quests (collect herbs, skin animals etc) were really boring etc.

I'd say its strongest point was that some of the side characters were decently interesting. Otherwise, the gameplay was unremarkable at best and the main story was quite difficult to care about.

Halo 2 and GTA IV.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.