By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Most Overrated Game You've Played and Disliked?

An overrated game that I've disliked? Hm. That's tough. Usually when I call games like Ocarina of Time, the Uncharted's, and TLOU overrated, I still like the games. I just don't think they're as good as people make them out to be.

Wait, I forgot about Sonic Adventure 2. That it isn't seen in the same light as Sonic '06 and Sonic Boom is a crime against-

No, let's go a step further. Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors. There's still an audience that sees the mess that the Adventure games was, but there seems to be no one who sees how poor of platformers Generations and Colors are. Depressing. Hate those games.

Around the Network

Half Life 2 hands down.

Telltale's The Walking Dead:
Fake choices that don't matter, boring dialogue, and a extremely boring story. I detest this game.

Xenoblade:
The story was fine at first, but then it took a turn for the worse and I couldn't ever get gripped again. Boring sidequests and a meh battle system.

These are my biggest 2. Okay, maybe they are only overrated to me, but whatever.

Final Fantasy X... such stereotyped characters. The story didn't thrill me either. I don't even like the song "To Zarnakand" that everybody seems to love, although I'm fine with the soundtrack generally.

Mass Effect 2

Around the Network
Wholf said:

Final Fantasy X... I don't even like the song "To Zanarkand"

You monster.

Final Fantasy 7 that game was horrible !!!!! Block people still haunt me today the graphics were bad just bad and the invisible fights ever few steps in a blank screen horrible!!! I remember the seeing ads on tv for the game and they only showed the cut sences to hide this crap fest of a game. And they kept turn based fighting in a day and age of 3d movement and a revolution in gameplay .This game made me hate playstation for a long time, mainly those false ads that made me think the game looked that good . In a time of gaming revolution with 2d to 3d mario and zelda made big changes and final fantasy 7 just put a shitty paint job on old gameplay . I don't know how this game is held so highly to some people.

And Fallout 3 .

The Last of Us

It was pretty, the story was interesting, but the pace of the gameplay and such just had me bored the entire time.

Halo series.

Not so much as I dislike it but rather more on the line of disappointed. Main reason I play them is for the couch coop and I have friends/family that play them so I tag along, but other than that it never wowed me as a FPS or amazing story.