By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the Most Overrated Game You've Played and Disliked?

Tomb Raider Reboot. I just found myself not caring at all for the people in it and the combat and climbing just seemed off. It tried to be epic with the plane crashing as you fell down the cliff but it just came off very bland and forced to me. It was like a more annoying Uncharted with all the RPG crap but it half assed it all so much that I couldn't get interested like I do in FC3 or 4

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Tootylicious said:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 for me.
They're good, but not "Best Jump n Run of All-Time"-good.

I think they're just not for me, I even liked Mario Sunshine, a game which has its obvious flaws, more.
Also I really felt burned-out on the orchestral soundtrack after finishing both.

yeah honestly I feel like this about most Mario games.  They're solid 8/10s for me but usually have like mid 90s meta scores and I just don't get it.  I think a lot of reviewers are overly nostalgic after growing up with Mario 64 and earlier.  They always cite things like "nintendo magic" and "charm" as reasons for giving it such high scores which sound like code words for "it reminded me of my childhood"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

GTAIV.

Like, easily. I'm glad there's many in this thread that agree. It's just a pointless game to me. Never played GTAV, but I'm pretty sure my opinion of it would have been the same.

TLOU, didn't dislike it, just overrated.

Can't fucking stand y'all..

What happens when we make these "overrated" threads? Everytime, the people end up naming EVERY GAME that had any kind of popularity. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Listening to peoples logic on why these games were overrated is like pulling fucking teeth.

.. Bitches come in and talk that shit about a perfectly good game as if it was trash! 

I didn't read the comments in this thread yet but in the last thread people pretty much named EVERY game that had a slight bit of popularity. People even claimed that the underrated games of previous generations were now overrated because people claimed that it was underrated.. Like wtf!? You motherfuckers make me sick!

Around the Network

Its very subjective - i think you should use the term hyped game rather than overrated.

Plenty of people didn't like skyward sword... It was a divisive Zelda. I didn't like it but I still respected it. There was some truly great things about it if you could tolerate that the overall game just wasn't that fun.

There are many games that were critically well received but left me unimpressed, but I can't think of any I've hated.
Arkham city was ok... Not a masterpiece as some claimed but I didn't hate it.
I was never a Zelda: A link to the past fan but it's still a good game that's aged remarkably well.
Classic Final Fantasy games are raved about and they're ok.. But I've never loved any of them.
Banjo and Kazooie was an, at times, tiresome Mario 64 wanna-be. But still good for the time.

Halo games I dislike because they get so much love despite being the perfect example of what's wrong with modern single player fps games. But even then I don't hate them. I just find the single player boring as are many other fps these days.

S.Peelman said:

GTAIV.

Like, easily. I'm glad there's many in this thread that agree. It's just a pointless game to me. Never played GTAV, but I'm pretty sure my opinion of it would have been the same.

GTA V is very different from GTA IV, its like the mashup of the best things about GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas and improves on the things these games do well, and of course the heists are very intense.

Ka-pi96 said:
GTAexpert said:
S.Peelman said:

GTAIV.

GTA V is very different from GTA IV, its like the mashup of the best things about GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas and improves on the things these games do well, and of course the heists are very intense.

Agreed. GTA V fixed everything wrong with IV while keeping all the best bits. It really was awesome

Yeah except for the story it was way better than GTA IV. But I did like Algonquin quite a bit

Half-Life 2 and Final Fantasy VI.

Played both of them when they were new, and I just didn't get them I guess. Final Fantasy VI I've played several times, and I don't think it's bad, but I can't understand the amount of nostalgia people have for it, especially considering Chrono Trigger was released about a year later, and is better in almost every respect. I guess it was the first one for many. Still, I think there's better Final Fantasy games.