By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the least overrated game you've played?

Least overrated game I've played? Let's see.

1st runner up: Battlefield Bad Company 2: I spent hundreds of hours playing this thing and although it did got praised, I believe it deserved even more. By far the best multiplayer based game on PS3.

Winner: Red Steel: don't know how it sold so few and how it scored so low on meta (ok 80 is not that low, but in my opinion it deserved at least na 85). It was a fresh take on the saturated 1st person action games, addictive, beautiful graphics, loved the east meets west enviroment and the mixing between shooting and sword action, the art style and characters design, it just felt like you were inside an alternate world. One of my favourites last gen and although it was deemed like a decente title, I think it deserved much more. Only downside if I remembre correctly is it wasn't a very long game. But was one of those games one can replay over and over.

Around the Network

The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Day of the tentacle, from Lucas Art. I played this game a few years late on PC, and was totally blown away by the quality of the animation, graphics, art, twists, jokes, the 5 minutes introduction. In term of graphics it was years ahead from the 16 bits games I was coming from, and light beyond what 32 bits 3D graphics could do. I still consider the game like a piece of art. I can remember so many things about the game, but it's also because I finished it 3 times. For me, Lucas Art as the most dominating studio at any point of the gaming history.

Shadow of Mordor for me. Story was meh.. at best and for a LOTR franchise thats just pitiful

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

spemanig said:
AZWification said:

Mega Man 5 and 6.. Despite hearing many MM fans talk about how uninteresting and easy those games are, I actually ended up enjoying them, specially 6!

6 is my favorite Mega Man! Tied with 7 lol.

Now that I think about it, every MM game after 4 and before 9 gets criticised a lot! Only 8 really deserves it, because that game sucked..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Now that I think about it, every MM game after 4 and before 9 gets criticised a lot! Only 8 really deserves it, because that game sucked..

I think 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, X, X2, and X3 were all just great games. A lot of them do get weird criticisms, though. People saying that the robot master names got stupid as if they were ever good, or as if that ever even mattered lol.

Bioshock, I read all the praise when it was released but passed on it because I don't particularly like FPS games (and I didn't have a 360 at that time). I actually came around to playing it a few months before the release of Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock isn't just good "for an FPS" it's fucking awesome end of sentence. I even made an outdated review for it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156819

Signature goes here!

DanganRonpa for me. It's not my favourite, but in terms of under-rated titles it's probably the best.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spemanig said:
AZWification said:

I think 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, X, X2, and X3 were all just great games. A lot of them do get weird criticisms, though. People saying that the robot master names got stupid as if they were ever good, or as if that ever even mattered lol.

Yeah.. I've also seen many MM fans talk about how easy some of the later MM games are ( 6 and 7 are great examples), but they are still harder than your average 8/16-bit platformer!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Uncharted 2. Got Uncharted 1 just as a new game to play. Thought it was cool and fun, but nothing especially mind blowing. Then all the reviews and stuff for UC2 came out, getting all kinds of awards and 100% ratings (even 21/20 lol). When I finally got it, my expectations were high because I did have fun with the first one, so naturally, I wanted there to be lots of improvements.

Played through it and I was like...damn. This game really one of the best things I've ever played, ever.