By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the least overrated game you've played?

Metroid Prime actually. I hadn't played any Metroid games at that point initial previews suggested it had slightly funny controls and no multiplayer, but as soon as people got to pay the final game the accolades started rolling in. Despite all the praise heaped upon it, I was still blown away!

The cohesiveness of the environment, the atmosphere, the feeling of loneliness, the power, the music.....

Around the Network

Persona 4/ Persona series in general. I was very pessimistic at first but once I tried it I got hooked

Dark Souls

I was sold on Dark Souls based on "it's difficult, but fair." It sounded interesting to me, so I tried it out. I would no longer describe Dark Souls as difficult, anymore, but that it punishes stupidity harshly. You don't realize how many stupid habits games have taught you over the years until the results stare you in the face.

uncharted DF
gta SA
mgs 3
resident evil 1
max payne

Play Me

Zelda OoT everyone says its a masterpiece and I agree.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Metroid Prime actually. I hadn't played any Metroid games at that point initial previews suggested it had slightly funny controls and no multiplayer, but as soon as people got to pay the final game the accolades started rolling in. Despite all the praise heaped upon it, I was still blown away!

The cohesiveness of the environment, the atmosphere, the feeling of loneliness, the power, the music.....

Honestly, I really rank Prime and Super very closely. The biggest reason why Super just edges out for me, aside from personal preference, is because of that boner-killing fetch quest at the end. It just shattered the perfect pacing of that game. I think that's its only flaw for me.

But Prime is really fucking amazing.

Sainc Advenentur Too, the game gets the flack it deserves, but is still enjoyable in some aspects, don't ask me which though, I''m nostalgia blinded as fuck when it comes to the game so I cannot offer a valid opinion on it.

I'm now filled with determination.

Zelda OoT.

TLOU... no really. There are moments in that game that can't be conveyed through reviews. Those feels.

GTA V, mainly for how overrated I found GTA IV to be. Luckily GTA V wasn't GTA IV.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC