By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo games would you not give their seal of Quality to?

How do people hate Super Mario Sunshine? I loved that game on my GameCube. Seriously what exactly was bad broken or wrong with that game?

Around the Network
PowerOfSoren said:
Fusioncode said:
Other M. It's like Nintendo went out of their way to create one of the worst games ever made. Playing it made me want to light my Wii on fire. And myself.

DOes this count since Team Ninja was the one who developed this title?

It is a Nintendo game and Sakamoto did come up with the story (as well as had to say okay, this is good to go in its final stages). 

But some people want to place the entire blame on him which just isn't the case. He did okay the game and write the story, but he didn't create the lazy levels, or compose the bland music, or even create the boxy controls (though he did say he wanted a simpler control scheme). 

So yeah it was Team Ninja who developed the project, but Sakamoto had a hand. They are both at fault though (despite what some would have you believe).

I guess I have been a fan of Retro Studios Metroid games so when somebody else comes along been guilty of blaming it all on them :lol:

spurgeonryan said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
LOZ: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Galaxy
Star Fox 64
Metroid Prime
Pokémon Red and Blue
Super Smash Bros Melee

All of these are the most broken and poorly designed games ever made and don't live up to Nintendo's  standards.

No real explanation? Star fox 64, Ocarina, SMW? Were they really that horrible to you?

I think that was supposed to be a joke post...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

pokoko said:
That seal only means they make money from it. Has nothing to do with quality. They're rotten liars. Should be 'Nintendo Seal of Revenue'.

I know you have a grudge against Nintendo, but that isn't true. There were many games they didn't profit from, yet has the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
How do people hate Super Mario Sunshine? I loved that game on my GameCube. Seriously what exactly was bad broken or wrong with that game?

I thought it was great but yhe camera.  One stage had the worst camera of any game I ever played, ever!  I'm not exaggerating!  I am sure it's on youtube.  I think it was rushed to market.

XanderXT said:
pokoko said:
That seal only means they make money from it. Has nothing to do with quality. They're rotten liars. Should be 'Nintendo Seal of Revenue'.

I know you have a grudge against Nintendo, but that isn't true. There were many games they didn't profit from, yet has the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

How do you figure that?  Please explain.

d21lewis said:
aLkaLiNE said:

I thought it was great but yhe camera.  One stage had the worst camera of any game I ever played, ever!  I'm not exaggerating!  I am sure it's on youtube.  I think it was rushed to market.

that sky world in Mario 64 had some unforgivable camera angles where it would flip around and you can't see yourself and then suddenly you are falling into into the wild blue Yonder

aLkaLiNE said:

It wasn't a bad game, but it felt very weird compared to other 3D Mario games..  The camera was weird at times, the level design wasn't too great at times and the blue coins missions were simply annoying as hell! Seriously, screw those!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

PowerOfSoren said:
d21lewis said:
aLkaLiNE said:

that sky world in Mario 64 had some unforgivable camera angles where it would flip around and you can't see yourself and then suddenly you are falling into into the wild blue Yonder

I remember a couple of frustrating deaths due to the csmera but I guess it can be forgiven since Mario 64 was the first game to give us camera control like that but Sunshine? Unforgiveable!!

*stand by for link*