By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo games would you not give their seal of Quality to?

aLkaLiNE said:
How do people hate Super Mario Sunshine? I loved that game on my GameCube. Seriously what exactly was bad broken or wrong with that game?

Had way less levels than Mario 64

around 50 stars are only available by getting blue coins. the lack of stages means you need to play the same stage more and more. the level themes were more or less the same were as Mario 64 was very diverse. Fludd to me added very little to the game I would rather have long jump and other skills he could do without it.

Yoshi was nearly useless and died soon as he hit water meaning you had to keep getting him back over and over if you fail. eh idk i could go on and on

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
LOZ: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Galaxy
Star Fox 64
Metroid Prime
Pokémon Red and Blue
Super Smash Bros Melee

All of these are the most broken and poorly designed games ever made and don't live up to Nintendo's  standards.

No real explanation? Star fox 64, Ocarina, SMW? Were they really that horrible to you?

I was joking. I could have made that a bit clearer in my post. My bad. :D

Zelda 2 I hate that game.

The Nintendo seal of quality just meant that the game was official.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I can't think of a Nintendo developed (edit: or published) game I've played that is outright bad - but that's probably at least partly because I've avoided the sub-standard ones. Main Zelda games shouldn't even begin to get a mention - all 17 Zelda games are objectively good games.

Around the Network

Kirby. I don't like him or his silly little world.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

pokoko said:
XanderXT said:
pokoko said:
That seal only means they make money from it. Has nothing to do with quality. They're rotten liars. Should be 'Nintendo Seal of Revenue'.

I know you have a grudge against Nintendo, but that isn't true. There were many games they didn't profit from, yet has the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

How do you figure that?  Please explain.

There were many third party games that have the seal, and according to this site, sold terriblly. I have some of those games, and I'm pretty sure you can't generate profit from 70,000 sales.

"Beating" Cpt. Toad?

how about ENJOYING it?

pokoko said:
That seal only means they make money from it. Has nothing to do with quality. They're rotten liars. Should be 'Nintendo Seal of Revenue'.

The Nintendo Seal of Quality was used for games that were licensed by Nintendo, nothing more, nothing less.

Nintendo and PC gamer

aLkaLiNE said:
How do people hate Super Mario Sunshine? I loved that game on my GameCube. Seriously what exactly was bad broken or wrong with that game?

I like Mario Sunshine more than Galaxy, so I dont know what is wrong with these jokers. I do know of a SMS glitch where if you use the official Nintendo 4x memory card(1019?) the game crashes when you grab certain blue coins. Problem fixed by removing the memory card and inserting after getting the item.

OT:I am going to say Super Princess Peach. Its not glitchy or anything, its just a terrible platformer and not up to snuff in any game design areas.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling