By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does Microsoft have the right intentions as a video game console maker for a gamer?

Frankly I trust MS more than Sony.

Around the Network

"Are they in the gaming business to make gamers happy or just to make money or both?"

I don't know their intentions but they didn't achieve either of the above.

Aeolus451 said:
endimion said:
Lol I love all the Sony fans preaching the good word.... Sony is the worst thing that ever happened to the gaming industry. They literally industrialized an art form... Yeah sure they allowed great games to happen but at the same time the average quality dropped dramatically we never had that amount of shitty game ratio. And we never recovered from it.. Sure with the sheer amount of releases skyrocketing it seems we have more good games overall which is totally false. Sony is to the video game industry what McDonald's is to the burger industry.... But yeah sure whatever they had the gamers interest in mind.

What are you basing any of that on?

His (wrong) opinion. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

endimion said:
Lol I love all the Sony fans preaching the good word.... Sony is the worst thing that ever happened to the gaming industry. They literally industrialized an art form... Yeah sure they allowed great games to happen but at the same time the average quality dropped dramatically we never had that amount of shitty game ratio. And we never recovered from it.. Sure with the sheer amount of releases skyrocketing it seems we have more good games overall which is totally false. Sony is to the video game industry what McDonald's is to the burger industry.... But yeah sure whatever they had the gamers interest in mind.

The funniest part of this post is that if it wasn't for Sony expanding the industry and proving that consoles could become a mainstream success, Microsoft never would have entered in the first place. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

After having both consoles, both have their positives and negatives. Xbox atleast seems to try and update their systems with features people ask for. They created a forum for the requested features.

In the history of gaming all of the console makers have made some bad decisions. And a lot of people did not like the drm requirements. But for the people that did complain about, think how many times you have said you wish you didn't have to put in disc in every time you played. There is no way that you could buy a disc and after installing it never needing it again without some sort of drm management. I'm sure that the publishers (ea, ubisoft) would require the drm, because you know that someone would buy a disc and then let all their friends install the game too then.

Around the Network

If Sony wasn't as bad why make online subscriptions and no backwards compatibility for ps4? Oh that's right to make more money. ...

Read an EULA and you will see what they want, note that MS inventen that basically

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Aeolus451 said:
dane007 said:
Ms has as much of the right intention as a video game console maker for a gamer then sony does. I am still disappointed at sony for the fact that they still refusing to provide external hdd support even though they are advertising ps4 with slogan for the gamers. If it was for the gamers, then we should by now have external hdd support like xbox one has.

Did you forget the whole no used games or online only? Has sony ever done anything remotely like that? Then how did you come up with "Ms has as much of the right intention as a video game console maker for a gamer then sony does."? Isn't it easier to install a ssd or hdd into a ps4 than a xbox one? Sony made it easy to switch it out if you want or upgrade your hdd without it voiding your warranty. Only reason you would mess with an external hdd is because MS will void your warranty if you install an internal one. :D

i haven't forgotten about that. I actually liked theere initial model where they tried to make ti liek steam. The whole used game thing, i knew it wouldn't last very long. true enough , it didn't last long. Nope with the external hdd all i have to do is plug i behind  my xbox one and i cna use it straight away , whereas withps4 hdd, it s an inconveniance to have to open the ps4 and remove the hdd and then put the new on in and screw it again. Not only that the cost of getting a ps4 hdd is far more expensive then getting a simple external HDD.  Also once you have installed the new hdd all the games you installed into your new hard drive, would eat up part of your new hdd space. That means you will get less at the start , making your hdd fill up much faster, whereas with xbox one you can access both at teh smae and you rnew HDD would not get used up by reinstalling all your games you had installed in the previous HDD. At the end of the day, for the gamers would mean gamers spend less and enjoy gaming instead of spending more money . Sony just did it that way because they think it will cause less hacking or less pirace with their way. Same thing as to why psvita still to this day , don't use a microsd card as a memory stick . Sony like MS only care for teh mopney they make by selling their machines

dane007 said:
Aeolus451 said:
dane007 said:
Ms has as much of the right intention as a video game console maker for a gamer then sony does. I am still disappointed at sony for the fact that they still refusing to provide external hdd support even though they are advertising ps4 with slogan for the gamers. If it was for the gamers, then we should by now have external hdd support like xbox one has.

Did you forget the whole no used games or online only? Has sony ever done anything remotely like that? Then how did you come up with "Ms has as much of the right intention as a video game console maker for a gamer then sony does."? Isn't it easier to install a ssd or hdd into a ps4 than a xbox one? Sony made it easy to switch it out if you want or upgrade your hdd without it voiding your warranty. Only reason you would mess with an external hdd is because MS will void your warranty if you install an internal one. :D

i haven't forgotten about that. I actually liked theere initial model where they tried to make ti liek steam. The whole used game thing, i knew it wouldn't last very long. true enough , it didn't last long. Nope with the external hdd all i have to do is plug i behind  my xbox one and i cna use it straight away , whereas withps4 hdd, it s an inconveniance to have to open the ps4 and remove the hdd and then put the new on in and screw it again. Not only that the cost of getting a ps4 hdd is far more expensive then getting a simple external HDD.  Also once you have installed the new hdd all the games you installed into your new hard drive, would eat up part of your new hdd space. That means you will get less at the start , making your hdd fill up much faster, whereas with xbox one you can access both at teh smae and you rnew HDD would not get used up by reinstalling all your games you had installed in the previous HDD. At the end of the day, for the gamers would mean gamers spend less and enjoy gaming instead of spending more money . Sony just did it that way because they think it will cause less hacking or less pirace with their way. Same thing as to why psvita still to this day , don't use a microsd card as a memory stick . Sony like MS only care for teh mopney they make by selling their machines

Just look up a video of how to install a hdd or ssd into a xbox one. What were you saying about unscrewing something?

Aeolus451 said:
dane007 said:
Aeolus451 said:
dane007 said:

Just look up a video of how to install a hdd or ssd into a xbox one. What were you saying about unscrewing something?

i would imagine getting to the HDD means opening the ps4 if i am not mistaken. That would reuire unscrewing the screws . Thats what i meant. I am sure i can follow the videos  but its an inconeveniant and costly whereas i can purchse for hundred buck a 3tb plug in external HDD lol. no need to do any hing but plug and use lol.  I would expectsony to have relaise that with this gen , games will be at least 5ogb in space , therefore an external hdd would eb a logical decision. guess we will never kwno why they decided to not go with external hdd support