By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu week ending Dec. 14th; Yokai Watch 1.2m, PS4: ~66k

There's no doubt in my mind that ps4 would do well. It's just a matter of time so I'm not concerned at all.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

FiveOVER said:

Does it mean it's doing alright?

I'd have said Hearts/Blade should've been what they should have aimed for.  But maybe it is just an eternally ~ 70k series (in which case, I'd question why they're continuing with it.  7th Dragon is a cheaper JRPG series to make with more consistent sales).

We all know this is why 7th Dragon sells =P

Holly jizzballs! The power of DQ and GTA! GTA sold about what I expected but the DQ bundle must've boosted a lot. 

WiiU holds up well, should go up for the next few weeks from here.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Really baffled how much more Wii Us Smash is selling than MK8.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kresnik said:

I'd have said Hearts/Blade should've been what they should have aimed for.  But maybe it is just an eternally ~ 70k series (in which case, I'd question why they're continuing with it.  7th Dragon is a cheaper JRPG series to make with more consistent sales).

Yeah, they clearly threw quite a lot of money at this. So expecting only 70k first week is certainly weird.

ktay95 said:

We all know this is why 7th Dragon sells =P

I'd love to say it's all on Imageepoch, but your claim really is irrefutable

Around the Network
vivster said:

You mean as in "not at all"? We're heading to the holidays now and WiiU still only got boosted to ~25k with Smash and still is sub 30k the week after.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
vivster said:

You mean as in "not at all"? We're heading to the holidays now and WiiU still only got boosted to ~25k with Smash and still is sub 30k the week after.

I was told once by someone who is more knowledgeable in that matter that Smash U will sell 5 times as many Wii Us than MK8. I haven't checked the numbers but I believe him.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Ninsect said:

I was told once by someone who is more knowledgeable in that matter that Smash U will sell 5 times as many Wii Us than MK8. I haven't checked the numbers but I believe him.

Who told you something like that? o.O

Great PS4 numbers. With the games coming out next year and a price cut almost certain at some point, PS4 should have a pretty respectable baseline next year. Not PS3 levels maybe, but decent nonetheless.

I would have hoped PS4 and WiiU were a bit higher, console sales really doesn't seem to take of as they should in Japan. We can ignore X1 though :P...