By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am so close to breaking down and making Wii U my side chick

Go for it .... It's a good console and for me it gets as much play time as my other machines. It's not even a side system to me - it's part of the core.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I have close to 60 games on the Wii U. I know.

The 120 games that you would not buy is fine. The point is that there are those options for various gaming types. On the Wii U there will be 10-15 million sellers. So 10 to 15 games that people were just dying to play. Not much variety. Right?

I just hope he enjoys it if he does. 200 dollars is the cheapest I have seen, not sure if that sale is still available anywhere though.

I've never owned anywhere close to 60 games for any console I've owned. I think for the average person, the fact that there are almost 60 games worth buying right now is definitely enough. I get what you're saying about variety, but I think Nintendo's gotten a lot better at it this gen. I think Wii U is hitting the mark for release variety while still having that overall Nintendo quality everyone expects.

When it comes to consoles, promiscuity is the way to go. ;)

spurgeonryan said:
Game_God said:
spurgeonryan said:
Do not do it!

Just make it your twilight system of this gen and get it at 99 dollars.

Get out of here Grinch!!!

When you get a thread in 6 months with him saying he is bored and wants to sell his Wii U, then you will thank me. I have seen it over and over again for various systems, not just Nintendo. The games just do not release as fast on the Wii U. The PS4 and X1 could get 5-10 a month! The variety! For example, the PS2 had over 320 - Million sellers. That is variety! The wii U will be lucky to have 10-15 million sellers in its life.

We already know the Wii U is in damage control mode and they will just be happy to continue to make profit and possibly push passed the GC in the end. I hope and long for a turn around in sales, but I have little hope. I will just have as much fun with it as I can and leave it at that. But for others, I am not blind or dumb, I know what the other systems offer. They are great and were great last gen even compared to the Beast that was the Wii. PS, then PS2, then PS3/360, and now the PS4/X1 all had a huge variety, exclusives, etc.

Not saying that Nintendo does not throw us one heck of a party as well, but anyone can see that these alternatives have a lot more to offer. I just hate to see someone give Nintendo a chance again, and then be disappointed and make a thread saying he wants to sell it in a year or so.

Understand? Agree?

Would this be the last time he gave Nintendo a chance?

But he said that he would make it  his side chick, so he's not looking for a constant, nonstop stream of hits. Or if he is, then he really should figure out what "side chick" means.

OT: I'm looking forward to seeing your impressions of the GamePad once you own it and use it objectively.

spurgeonryan said:
Game_God said:
spurgeonryan said:
Do not do it!

Just make it your twilight system of this gen and get it at 99 dollars.

Get out of here Grinch!!!

When you get a thread in 6 months with him saying he is bored and wants to sell his Wii U, then you will thank me. I have seen it over and over again for various systems, not just Nintendo. The games just do not release as fast on the Wii U. The PS4 and X1 could get 5-10 a month! The variety! For example, the PS2 had over 320 - Million sellers. That is variety! The wii U will be lucky to have 10-15 million sellers in its life.

We already know the Wii U is in damage control mode and they will just be happy to continue to make profit and possibly push passed the GC in the end. I hope and long for a turn around in sales, but I have little hope. I will just have as much fun with it as I can and leave it at that. But for others, I am not blind or dumb, I know what the other systems offer. They are great and were great last gen even compared to the Beast that was the Wii. PS, then PS2, then PS3/360, and now the PS4/X1 all had a huge variety, exclusives, etc.

Not saying that Nintendo does not throw us one heck of a party as well, but anyone can see that these alternatives have a lot more to offer. I just hate to see someone give Nintendo a chance again, and then be disappointed and make a thread saying he wants to sell it in a year or so.

Understand? Agree?

Would this be the last time he gave Nintendo a chance?

But.. but... I was being playful :.(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O4U2nibj58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network

I try to refrain from telling people to buy Wii U. My experiences are different than others. I don't really care for the gory fps and the story games. I've always valued substance over flash, and Nintendo almost always delivers for me. I won't tell you to buy one, but I'll tell you that I love mine and I play it everyday.

get that Wii U,OP!

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

bunchanumbers said:
I try to refrain from telling people to buy Wii U. My experiences are different than others. I don't really care for the gory fps and the story games. I've always valued substance over flash, and Nintendo almost always delivers for me. I won't tell you to buy one, but I'll tell you that I love mine and I play it everyday.

Are you excited for Abe new n tasty on Wii U?

CDiablo said:
Good for you. Backwards compatible with the Wii so you got a few games you missed last gen in addition to some good ones this gen.

This. I never got to play Super Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong. I must tap that (erm...the buttons...of the controller of course). 

Be sure to pick up Pimin 3, WWHD, SM3DW, DKCTF, MK8, SSBU, Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, Rayman Legends, and other gems!

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!