By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has your Xbox 360 ever scratched your disc?

You're right and looking back I shouldn't have made it into an inquisition or been so rude. There have been a lot of negative threads in this forum and I became annoyed at seeing someone making yet another one up out of the blue. I wish to apologize to CaptainPrefrences and I hope we can all put this behind us.

*I posted an apology on CaptainPrefrences' wall as well just in case he doesn't see the one I made here.

Around the Network

No, but my old 360 used to make a grinding sound every now and then, but I think it was the motor on the disc

Legend11 said:
You're right and looking back I shouldn't have made it into an inquisition or been so rude. There have been a lot of negative threads in this forum and I became annoyed at seeing someone making yet another one up out of the blue. I wish to apologize to CaptainPrefrences and I hope we can all put this behind us.

*I posted an apology on CaptainPrefrences' wall as well just in case he doesn't see the one I made here.

Its cool, you weren't entirely at fault.  Negativity can do strange things to people.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

That hasn't happened to me, but on my original Xbox I would buy a brand new game, take it out of the package put it in and it would give me an error that the disc was unreadable (sometimes).

This thread has been designed to troll on the XBox 360. By the way the console works better if its horizontal not vertical.

If someone came into a Sony forum and started bagging PS3 all hell would break loose.

There are lots of people who own an Xbox 360 and do not want their console to be bagged by some Noob.

Around the Network

My friend's Wii may very well have scratched my Metroid Prime 3 disc. I loaned it to him and it came back with a groove running about 2/3 around the outer edge of the disc. The only things I can imagine making such a perfectly curved scratch are an optical drive or something abrasive in the case.

I have no clue how it ay have happened, but I'm not too keen on loaning him games anymore. MP3 consistently crashes on the first planet, now. :(

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I handled my past 360 with extreme care as I was already aware of the problems due to a Dutch customer care TV (Kassa) show pointed towards these issues with dozens of disgruntled 360 owners in the audience.

Still my Gears disc had minor scratches and sometimes stopped playing in the middle of the game. I was told to reboot the system. Luckily Blu-Ray discs don't scratch at all, the PS3's Blu-Ray drive also seems to be good at reading DVDs, never heard or experienced any problems, actually I read the drive is more capable of reading old damaged PS2 games and DVD movie discs than the PS2 is.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

A follow-up from Kassa (didn't see this one before)

Testing of the XBox 360 in laboratory conditions, worth checking out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=513I87Evjuw&feature=related

360 disc scratching proven, even in laborartory conditions with 360 placed horizontally! (I always used it myself that way when playing Gears)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Legend11 said:
You're right and looking back I shouldn't have made it into an inquisition or been so rude.

Geez, first that fanboy rant of yours a week ago about the X360 lineup and how it will outshine the PS3, and now this?

You need anger management!

j/k

well its never happened to me personally,but i have watched it happen to my friends...its very sad indeed