By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U beaten by the Dreamcast - what now?

Considering the Wii U is profitable, most of the software is first party and amiibos are selling like crazy, I think Nintendo and the Wii U will be just fine.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
fleischr said:
reggin_bolas said:

I am a mature gamer who likes his mature games. Wii U has one good mature game and that's Bayo 2. I'm not going to pop 300 dollars to play one game.

That's really too bad you restrict yourself in that way. 

I'm gonna drop an extended quote from spemanig's sig:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. 

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

Think about this one. I think it'd really serve you well read this over and apply this to your own gaming life.

Give this guy a break. Its his choice, like you have your own chices. No need to put him down just because you disagree with him.

It's not a matter of disagreement, it's a matter of embracing a silly mindset like "mature games for mature gamers like me." Play games for how they play, not what coat of paint they have.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
GTAexpert said:
fleischr said:
reggin_bolas said:

I am a mature gamer who likes his mature games. Wii U has one good mature game and that's Bayo 2. I'm not going to pop 300 dollars to play one game.

That's really too bad you restrict yourself in that way. 

I'm gonna drop an extended quote from spemanig's sig:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. 

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

Think about this one. I think it'd really serve you well read this over and apply this to your own gaming life.

Give this guy a break. Its his choice, like you have your own chices. No need to put him down just because you disagree with him.

It's not a matter of disagreement, it's a matter of embracing a silly mindset like "mature games for mature gamers like me." Play games for how they play, not what coat of paint they have.

This a 1000 times!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Mr Khan said:
GTAexpert said:
fleischr said:

Well said^

Nintendo still is profitable but the question is: until when they can sustain being more and more niche? Nintendo seems to be heading to a more and more selective audience and if they want to keep living, they will have to be more open to Smartphone technologies and the 3rd party or else the revenue will keep decreasing until they post results at loss and nothing can be done about it anymore. Decisions are coming Ninty's way, they have to make things right.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
Lanicor said:
bigtakilla said:
BraLoD said:
To be fair the Dreamcast was a good seller until the PS2 appeared.

I don't know why Nintendo don't just stop making consoles and make their games multiplat
It would reach so many more people and make so much more money for them.

They can't seem to understand how to manage a console, they should keep doing games but stop making consoles.

Wouldn't you, core Ninty fans, like it?

No, that would pretty much be garbage. Instead of the gamepad all we'd have is the dualshock, or the Xbone controller? No thanks, it certainly isn't worth it for  better graphics. (Especially for how small the leap actually appears.)

This! You got it. Its true, if there hadnt been Nintendo around we still would have useed old fashioned controlls sony and ms provides us over and over. Nintendo=Innovation. Nintendo is kind of Apple and Sony like Samsung. Easy copies by sony though compromised by more horse power. I have still respect left for MS due to their kinect programm. I loled hard when i saw sonys "new" controller with touch functions. Bad copy!

I wonder who will.invent virtual reality on consoles first. I bet it will be MS. Sony will invent a gamepad with a a screen included.

Hey, when I'm right I'm right.

Eddie_Raja said:
bigtakilla said:

No, that would pretty much be garbage. Instead of the gamepad all we'd have is the dualshock, or the Xbone controller? No thanks, it certainly isn't worth it for  better graphics. (Especially for how small the leap actually appears.)

Said the person who doesn't own a PS4.  I can assure you the leap is just about as big as usual.

So you're assuming because I don't own one (and currently don't care to) that I haven't had plenty of first hand experience playing one? Okay.

What the fuck lol?

I didn't get the rebuttal. I enjoy games that have intelligent plots, complex and nuanced characters, I don't necessarily care about the violence. Mario has none of those for example.

Games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout, Last of Us (though it was overrated) suit my pallet more and those games will never make it on a Nintendo platform.

nintendo need to be strong and avoid selling some of their assets..... yep that seems to be a good plan

reggin_bolas said:

What the fuck lol?

I didn't get the rebuttal. I enjoy games that have intelligent plots, complex and nuanced characters, I don't necessarily care about the violence. Mario has none of those for example.

Games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout, Last of Us (though it was overrated) suit my pallet more and those games will never make it on a Nintendo platform.

"I enjoy games that have intelligent plots, complex and nuanced characters, I don't necessarily care about the violence. Mario has none of those for example."

Because you named Mario as an example, i cant take this seriously -_-  (Really Mario?)