By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What conventions would you like to see changed in Zelda U?

Ljink96 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Sales! Not another 3.5 million Zelda, this need to be more massive, 8 million, finnger cross (yeah probably not going to happen U_u but there´s a chance)

In order to do that, this game has to do what Ocarina of Time did for gaming. Back then it was easier to impress people because nothing had really been done before, and take that as mildly as possible. With Zelda U I think it'll get to 2.5-3M. The Wii U is a slow selling console afer all.

I know but if this Zelda is going to be so great as it seems, a skyrim ocarina of time with that kind of Ghibli style, i think almost 30% - 50% of the wiiu owners ( who are great Nintendo fans) will buy it,  and I think many people is going to buy a wiiu for this Zelda if they drop the price to 200$, Wiiu can reach 20 millions to the end of it´s life probably,so a 7-8 million Zelda is not impossible, but yeah, probably will sell 3 - 4 millions

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
toot1231 said:
-More enemies in dungeons.
-Dungeons more scary and memorable less gimmicky
-Upgradable tunics/armor or even a little customization

There were upgradable tunics/armors/weapons in ALBW.

Yea that game did an amazing job at 2 things I wanted.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

The combat

While combat in Skyward Sword was engaging, I'm afraid that combat in the new game will be mostly attack with A button.

I'd like more strategy and challenge.

I'd like a game that uses both Zelda and Link. And you branch off between their stories. Or a game that requires all the Links to be needed. Similar to the swapping items in four swords. But swapping Links per situation. Gannon turns GOOD/NEUTRAL and helps out for once. So we can get a better back story, something. Maybe give Link a different triforce piece depending on what you do in the game.

The opening tutorial. They've been getting out of control in the last few 3D Zelda games and really need to be done away with. A Link Between Worlds still had a bit of one, but for the most part it just kinda let you figure stuff out on your own.

Around the Network

ocarina of time type dungeons.. those are the only 3D zelda dungeons I like and I want them back.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

tagged!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Leave multiplayer and voice acting out of it. Also, while I agree that TOO many forced puzzles are a bad thing......Zelda dungeons have had puzzles since the first game. Every single Zelda, to my memory, has had them. That is part of the Zelda experience.

Without them, the dungeons would basically be Skyrim dungeons. There needs to be something more than just looking around and killing some enemies. It doesn't have to be fucking WATER TEMPLE bullshit, no. But some puzzles? Yes please. As long as they don't tie into some stupid "move your controller around" gimmick, I mean.

kljesta64 said:
ocarina of time type dungeons.. those are the only 3D zelda dungeons I like and I want them back.

Agreed! The dungeons in other 3D installments felt very empty and lifeless. I dreaded the dungeons in Majoras Mask and Wind Waker I found the most fun in those games were side quests. Twilight Princess dungeons were a step up but some were literally designs ripped straight from Ocarina of Time.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Starting with 3 hearts after dying even when you have a total of like 10.

This is fucking bullshit and all but necessitates tedious heart hunting. If I have a total of 10, I should start from 10 when I die.