By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What conventions would you like to see changed in Zelda U?

spemanig said:
Mystro-Sama said:
4. No way. That's waaay too much of a radical change.
14. The master sword and triforce stays. Ganon on the other hand can be interchanged

Adding puzzles in the first place was a radical change. I don't see why puzzles have to be synoninous with Zelda when it never was intended to be in the first place.

Same with the master sword and the triforce. There have already been great Zelda games where they don't appear at all.

Puzzles are more of a 3D Zelda tradition which I think is great. You have to look at what Zelda is without puzzles, and without them it would be just like any other open world game.

Aren't the master sword and trifore a part of the whole timeline. I say Ganon can go before he can be reborn as another form of evil like the Links.

Around the Network

I think it would be cool if Zelda played more of an antagonistic roll. Maybe the hyrule royal family is an oppressive one. Maybe she's more of a "do what must be done, no matter the cost" kind of leader. Not the main antagonist of course, but it would be a convention that could be spun a little.

I'd like voice acting and being able to play as Zelda would be pretty cool as well.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

I hate linear styled gameplay now, it's really boring to me. It used to be fun but telling me where to go gets a bit annoying. I'd love to see that changed. Multiplayer would be cool so my brother and I could experience Zelda together instead of watching someone else play and eventually going to bed before anything happens...(TP). I'd also love to see more innovative items rather than the same old: Bows, bombs, hookshots, hammer, iron boots. Zelda just needs a makeover and I'm all for it.

Samus Aran said:

The only good thing about Zelda games are the puzzle dungeons lol. Which luckily is 90% of the game. I don't think Zelda is a franchise for you...

I love puzzles because it takes some intellect to solve them. Sure, a lot of them are easy, but still fun regardless. The puzzles in ALBW were very clever.

What I want to see changed:

- No more kill all the enemies in the room puzzle to unlock a door

- No more light all the torches in the room puzzle to unlock a door or key 

- No more key searching in dungeons. It makes no sense to keep a key of a door in the same place as said door. 

The Zelda game that started it all, and the one this game is inspired by, had no dungeon puzzles. Zelda isn't about puzzles, it's about exploration. If you can't handle a Zelda without puzzles, Zelda isn't for you.

The puzzles in Zelda require very little intellect. They are very rarely rewarding.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

Puzzles are more of a 3D Zelda tradition which I think is great. You have to look at what Zelda is without puzzles, and without them it would be just like any other open world game.

Aren't the master sword and trifore a part of the whole timeline. I say Ganon can go before he can be reborn as another form of evil like the Links.

I'd argue that they've been in all of them since ALttP. I don't think Zelda would be like any open world games without puzzles. Like I said, Zelda is a game about exploration. The because games are built around that and the slowest parts of those games surpress that. The Zelda dungeons could still be intricate and maze like, but the point in them should be to explore the dungeon, not find the boss key. Again, I feel like Dark Souls, and recently Bloodborne, captures that perfectly. You can't say that the dungeons in those games are anything like other open world games.

Zelda could add a map, beautiful aesthetics, and moody music to that. The dungeons in those games are already maze like. Just add a map so that the focus is clearly on exploration, and make the enemies a force.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

The only good thing about Zelda games are the puzzle dungeons lol. Which luckily is 90% of the game. I don't think Zelda is a franchise for you...

I love puzzles because it takes some intellect to solve them. Sure, a lot of them are easy, but still fun regardless. The puzzles in ALBW were very clever.

What I want to see changed:

- No more kill all the enemies in the room puzzle to unlock a door

- No more light all the torches in the room puzzle to unlock a door or key 

- No more key searching in dungeons. It makes no sense to keep a key of a door in the same place as said door. 

The Zelda game that started it all, and the one this game is inspired by, had no dungeon puzzles. Zelda isn't about puzzles, it's about exploration. If you can't handle a Zelda without puzzles, Zelda isn't for you.

The puzzles in Zelda require very little intellect. They are very rarely rewarding.

Zelda 1 also happens to be a very shitty game. Just because the first game did not have puzzles doesn't mean that Zelda isn't about puzzles. Because it  quite clearly is all about puzzle solving. 

That's like saying Metroid isn't about puzzle solving because the first game did not have puzzles. You can have both puzzles and exploring in one game you know. Play Metroid Prime 1, 2 & 3. 

Ljink96 said:
I hate linear styled gameplay now, it's really boring to me. It used to be fun but telling me where to go gets a bit annoying. I'd love to see that changed. Multiplayer would be cool so my brother and I could experience Zelda together instead of watching someone else play and eventually going to bed before anything happens...(TP). I'd also love to see more innovative items rather than the same old: Bows, bombs, hookshots, hammer, iron boots. Zelda just needs a makeover and I'm all for it.

Play ALBW.

i think they got rid of z-targeting with this slowmotion aiming.
seems to be a great convention of 3d zeldas is gone.
at least for arrows...

So.basically not a zelda game is what you want? go play hyrule warriors