By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7 Producer: Lucky Chloe Character is Exclusive to Europe & East Asia. Americans get an MMA Character

The idiots of the gaming world are always the loudest. It's a shame, I'm sure my sister would have probably main her.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

The squeak of that girl... how can you guys stand that?

Looks like I'm importing the European version. Namco shouldn't even bother replacing Chloe, just leave a blank void on the character select roster where she otherwise would be. Even better yet, put a US flag in her spot, and have the announcer say "MURRICA!" when you click on it.

stupid idea. I bet Americans had something to do with this.

America is still getting Lucky Chloe.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/11/no-tekken-7s-lucky-chloe-is-not-exclusive-to-japan-and-europe/

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Trentonater said:

Tekken was known for its dark and complex story for a fighting. It was the factor that made it stand out from virtua fighter. If you pay attention you will see a big difference in the portrayals of paul phoenix and marshall law before and after tekken 4. The new character additions as well.

Tekken started with a trained Bear, a Kangoroo and a space ninja.  It was not Tekken story that seperated it at the time from other 3d fighters like Virual Fighter it was juggles.  At the time Tekken was the juggle master compared to Virtual Figther.  I remember it was one of the main reasons why my group switch to Tekken.  It was a game that was easier to get into but still had a top end to master.  It was flashy and introduced grappling moves with Nina and King.  No one cared about the story at the time but did like the animated endings

Gamers are so whiny. A broad roster of fighters will appeal to people with different taste.

This character will lure more people to buy the game. So in the end, tekken fans and the whiners will benefit from her presence. You don't have to choose her. OK?

Besides, tekken is full of odd characters. Why is this one getting on the entitled gamers nerve? I don't get it.

having region exclusive characters in a fighting game is just a really bad idea.

Machiavellian said:
Trentonater said:

Tekken was known for its dark and complex story for a fighting. It was the factor that made it stand out from virtua fighter. If you pay attention you will see a big difference in the portrayals of paul phoenix and marshall law before and after tekken 4. The new character additions as well.

Tekken started with a trained Bear, a Kangoroo and a space ninja.  It was not Tekken story that seperated it at the time from other 3d fighters like Virual Fighter it was juggles.  At the time Tekken was the juggle master compared to Virtual Figther.  I remember it was one of the main reasons why my group switch to Tekken.  It was a game that was easier to get into but still had a top end to master.  It was flashy and introduced grappling moves with Nina and King.  No one cared about the story at the time but did like the animated endings

Virtua Fighter started with much floatier physics than to tekken. It was only in the modern era that it became the opposite. In the west, its greater style and story attracted more begginers and thus ended up with more of a competetive scene. It was tekken that made fighting games bigger on home consoles. These things became more pronounced with each entry capping off at tekken 3. You should remember that it was a huge deal when kazuya became the villain and when he was replaced by Jin.

People shouldn't talk about characters like kuma and Roger as if they weren't serious. They were rather serious story-line wise at first. Intellegent killer animals aren't inherently silly, they are inherently unrealistic. People don't assume that planet of the apes is automatically silly. It merely handles an outlandish concept.