By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7 Producer: Lucky Chloe Character is Exclusive to Europe & East Asia. Americans get an MMA Character

I´m not sure why so many people were pissed and even went as far as asking for her removal from the roster (somehow less choice = better?). She´s a friggin optional character in a fighting game. Don´t like her? Don´t play as her! I´m noticing this more and more but why do so many gamers want to get rid of stuff they don´t really care about / stuff that doesn´t affect them? (same with jrpgs. Plenty people want the genre to die). They´re not trying to enhance their gaming experience but instead try to detoriate that of others.

Here´s a link to the ign article with some more quotes -- LinkyLink
Strangely enough alot of the comments actually label him a racist (gotta admit his choice of words wasn´t the best) and agree with gaf...

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Around the Network

Fuck yeah being apart of the EU PAL region =D
Seriously though we all know this is a joke right?? Bamco arent going to actually let this happen.
Gotta love Harada though =P

I think he's joking though.

Would be fun of they made a character for the US where instead of punching the character screams misogyinst. instead of kick screams racist and the special-attacks are homophobe

The Fury said:
YarHar707 said:
Guess she's not politically correct enough for the US.

But a Boxing Kangaroo is. Nothing stereotype about that at all.

Boxing kangaroos actually exist.

Around the Network
KhinRunite said:
Trentonater said:
There is also a difference between fun weird and stupid weird.

And that difference is determined by personal taste.

The difference is determined by the kind of weird the series uses. Dancing Cyborg ninja isn't really comparable to cat girl pop idol.

I would just say that gamefaqs hates her more than neogaf and their are on the total opposite side of the social justice thing. They wanted the character to stay in dead or alive.

Trentonater said:
The Fury said:
YarHar707 said:
Guess she's not politically correct enough for the US.

But a Boxing Kangaroo is. Nothing stereotype about that at all.

Boxing kangaroos actually exist.

Boxing Deinonychus?

Wait... girls who dress like that do exist. 

Hmm, pie.

I'm sure her being exclusive in Europe and the west getting a bald MMA fighter is a joke. A racist joke, but a joke nonetheless. Harada said during Tekken Tag 2's release that characters in a game are like chess pieces so that's why they won't charge for DLC and all the characters will eventually be available(preorder DLC ones were later free to all players.) If he does this then he's went back on what he's stated.

It's a trolling, sure, but it's also interesting.

I think it kind of confirms that much of the rest of the world thinks the west is in love with the super macho guy type with short brown hair and a penchant for bad one-liners. That's vaguely disquieting for me. I hate that it's hard to deny.

Regardless, it always annoys me when people complain overmuch about characters in fighting games THAT THEY NEVER HAVE TO ACTUALLY USE. It's like going to a restaurant and saying, "omigod, they serve fries here and I hate fries! Stop serving fries to those who like them or I'm going to leave!" Just shut up and order something else.