By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7 Producer: Lucky Chloe Character is Exclusive to Europe & East Asia. Americans get an MMA Character

Ignorant gamers who understand nothing from Japan and find everything they do weird or perverted are the reason for this, not the developer. Yes let's have another overblown muscluar guy who can only curse and slander in our gamers, we don't have enough of them yet.

Around the Network

Political Correctness takes another victim. Shameful.

kupomogli said:
I'm sure her being exclusive in Europe and the west getting a bald MMA fighter is a joke. A racist joke, but a joke nonetheless. Harada said during Tekken Tag 2's release that characters in a game are like chess pieces so that's why they won't charge for DLC and all the characters will eventually be available(preorder DLC ones were later free to all players.) If he does this then he's went back on what he's stated.

How is it racist? I mean in anyway.

Hmm, pie.

I hope he's joking otherwise he's a ridiculous human being.

People should be allowed to moan about the stuff they do and don't like, but the job of creators isn't to pander to every complaint -_-

bubblegamer said:
Ignorant gamers who understand nothing from Japan and find everything they do weird or perverted are the reason for this, not the developer. Yes let's have another overblown muscluar guy who can only curse and slander in our gamers, we don't have enough of them yet.

If this was true its entirely down to the developers, there is no one else to blame. Imagine if Nintendo suddenly removed the cell shading from windwaker because people complained back 2001... Developers can and should make the game they want, a few opinions on the internet coming from tiny minority shoudn't really affect them unless the criticism is actually constructive.

Around the Network

That is sad for Americans. :(

It is a pretty awful character design, but to be fair it doesn't sound like the character we'll be getting will be any better.

I want her! They can keep their generic boldie. 

The Fury said:
kupomogli said:
I'm sure her being exclusive in Europe and the west getting a bald MMA fighter is a joke. A racist joke, but a joke nonetheless. Harada said during Tekken Tag 2's release that characters in a game are like chess pieces so that's why they won't charge for DLC and all the characters will eventually be available(preorder DLC ones were later free to all players.) If he does this then he's went back on what he's stated.

How is it racist? I mean in anyway.

The generalization of it is racist.  It's disparaging an entire country by generalizing and stating we want a bald headed MMA character because the sport is big over here.  It doesn't matter how subtle it was, it was still a racist comment.  It's like if he came out and said that Japan would also get their own exclusive character.  Japan's exclusive character being a 12 year old girl and her pet tentacle monster whose tentacles are wrapped provocatively around her legs and under her dress.  Maybe Harada should announce a black guy holding a bucket of chicken during the fight.  He could create a black MMA fighter who eats chicken during the battle and the more chicken he has stored the more attacks he gains and the more powerful certain attacks become.

kupomogli said:

The generalization of it is racist.  It's disparaging an entire country by generalizing and stating we want a bald headed MMA character because the sport is big over here.  It doesn't matter how subtle it was, it was still a racist comment.  It's like if he came out and said that Japan would also get their own exclusive character.  Japan's exclusive character being a 12 year old girl and her pet tentacle monster whose tentacles are wrapped provocatively around her legs and under her dress.  Maybe Harada should announce a black guy holding a bucket of chicken during the fight.  He could create a black MMA fighter who eats chicken during the battle and the more chicken he has stored the more attacks he gains and the more powerful certain attacks become.

You're confusing racism with lack of general knowledge about american society :P