By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does NOA love to "goldify" all the boxarts? Nintendo strikes again with XCX!

Areym said:
Why not? Gold means power and riches! ...and bitches :D

You're actually closer than you might think.  Color association is something marketing teams take into consideration a lot and gold has positive connotations.  On a side note, the only of those I find iffy on its own (as in not relative to another rendition) is Captain Toad, because it is less gold and more just yellow. 

Around the Network
plip.plop said:
I heard that the Original Zelda cartridge in Japan were green, it was here in N. America that they made them gold.
Maybe just following tradition, since there is no longer cartridges, they want to make something else gold. Everybody that grew up in the 80's knew a gold cart was a Zelda game. It's iconic

They were

Never realized that. No big deal but I would prefer the original tho.

Looking at the Ocarina of Time 3D box art change makes me worried, I REALLY hope they don't goldify the Majora's Mask 3D box art

pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
Looking at the Ocarina of Time 3D box art change makes me worried, I REALLY hope they don't goldify the Majora's Mask 3D box art

I dont think they will, it already has the ESRB logo on it

Around the Network

What annoyed me was the red MK8 box...

Thats a good question actually,especially with Captain Toad

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

First off I think the golden stuff looks quite crappy most of the time (kinda like a cheap 50 cent pirate skull toy ring) compared to the original ones.
It seems to me like the idea behind that coloring is "Gold=>treasure=>rare=>buy fast before its gone" and hell this worked on me when I was a child. However nowadays that coloring sheme seems sort cheap to me and I think they should get rid of it or make some REAL limited editions.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

I actually like a lot of the gold artworks. The Wind Waker ones are good either way imo, and I think OoT 3D is better not gold, but the rest of them I actually like better. I hope Zelda U has a gold box like MK8 had a red one, lol.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

They don´t ruin it, it´s awesome.