By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

LordLichtenstein said:

Yep

Oh, I see... I still think that they shouldn't bother.. Oh well, it's all up to them!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

they cant outbid microsoft for other games

You're right, I am sure the board of director and the shareholders, would grant Phil Spencer unlimited funds for his Xbox Division. 

Honestly, I think Shawn Layden has bigger funds, than Phil Spencer, due to Playstation's increasingly importance for Sony.

With as much Sony is in trouble financially,I couldnt see them trying to get into a bidding war against microsoft, they'd lose lol

I am well aware of their financial situation, but still, Playstation remains unaffected. 

I disagree about it being ''unaffected''. Playstation division is sill apart of Sony as  a whole so the worse their financial situation gets,the worse its going to  mean for their Playstation division in the long run

we'll now wait and see what Microsofts next move is

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

You're right, I am sure the board of director and the shareholders, would grant Phil Spencer unlimited funds for his Xbox Division. 

Honestly, I think Shawn Layden has bigger funds, than Phil Spencer, due to Playstation's increasingly importance for Sony.

With as much Sony is in trouble financially,I couldnt see them trying to get into a bidding war against microsoft, they'd lose lol

I am well aware of their financial situation, but still, Playstation remains unaffected. 

I disagree about it being ''unaffected''. Playstation division is sill apart of Sony as  a whole so the worse their financial situation gets,the worse its going to  mean for their Playstation division in the long run

Yeah :)

PwerlvlAmy said:

Didn't Microsoft just buy Tomb Raider a few months? In fact hasn't Microsoft been buying exclusives since they entered the console market? I'm having trouble understanding why you think this is a new thing that began with Sony buying Street Fighter. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Didn't Microsoft just buy Tomb Raider a few months? In fact hasn't Microsoft been buying exclusives since they entered the console market? I'm having trouble understanding why you think this is a new thing that began with Sony buying Street Fighter. 

I'm not getting why you're jumping to the conclusion that I think its a new thing lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm not getting why you're jumping to the conclusion that I think its a new thing lol

Read your post. That's clearly what you're implying by saying Sony is opening the flood gates to a bidding war. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I sure hope not, because SFV was Sony countering RTR exclusivity. The last thing we need is escalating competition on the buying up of until now multiplat franchises.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PwerlvlAmy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
LordLichtenstein said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Microsoft has been making moves since the release of the One.  And your point is...

binary solo said:
I sure hope not, because SFV was Sony countering RTR exclusivity. The last thing we need is escalating competition on the buying up of until now multiplat franchises.

O .. M .. F .. G .. !!!!! (sorry)

In part is it about having an answer to Uncharted 4? The comparison between the last Tomb Raider and Uncharted has been made.

Phil Spencer: Totally. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk. We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.

Wasn't this sony countering ms for tomb raider?