By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

they cant outbid microsoft for other games

Didn't Microsoft just buy Tomb Raider a few months? In fact hasn't Microsoft been buying exclusives since they entered the console market? I'm having trouble understanding why you think this is a new thing that began with Sony buying Street Fighter. 

I'm not getting why you're jumping to the conclusion that I think its a new thing lol

Read your post. That's clearly what you're implying by saying Sony is opening the flood gates to a bidding war. 

I read my post and it still stands,you're jumping to a conclusion based off what you yourself want to hear, but have fun at that I suppose lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Thespiralmatrix said:
Wasn't this sony countering ms for tomb raider?

No

PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm not getting why you're jumping to the conclusion that I think its a new thing lol

Read your post. That's clearly what you're implying by saying Sony is opening the flood gates to a bidding war. 

I read my post and it still stands,you're jumping to a conclusion based off what you yourself want to hear, but have fun at that I suppose lol

How exactly am I misinterpreting "All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol"? Please explain. It sounds pretty clear that you're saying Sony is starting this bidding war or whatever you want to call it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

How exactly am I misinterpreting "All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol"? Please explain. It sounds pretty clear that you're saying Sony is starting this bidding war or whatever you want to call it.

Like I said before, have fun with believing what you want, thank you :)

PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It's... what you wrote. Are you going to bother trying to explain how I've misinterpreted you?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It's... what you wrote. Are you going to bother trying to explain how I've misinterpreted you?

Have fun :)

PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Have fun :)

No explanation? Alright then. All I needed to know

Fusioncode said:

PwerlvlAmy said:
Fusioncode said:

Chris Hu said:

SF2 wasn't heavily bundled with the SNES I guess you have it confused with Super Mario World which was the only SNES game that was heavily bundled.  Also unless you can proof otherwise in North America where the Street Fighter games sold the most there wheren't any bundles for it.  Tekken 3 is also bigger then SFIV not only did it sell over 7 million copies just on the PS1 it was also hugely popular at the arcades.

Whatever, it's not even worth arguing. You're using the fact that some of the very first popular fighting games on consoles having great sales almost 25 years ago is somehow proof that fighting games are in decline and ergo that street fighter 5 exclusivity isn't a big deal.

Is this really a decline I'm worried about? It's not really a significant one.
In fact, according to excel the slope is only -.03
Which means that if you put a line denoting the average from inception to current day, you would put a line at 11.72 at the beginning of the graph, and lower it to 11.2 at the end of the graph.
Which means that in 25 years, the average sales has only gone down 30k per year

Oh, and also doesn't include digital sales. Top 150 fighting games by sales.

The fact of the matter is that since digital, Sony and others have said that their sales are ~20% done online...and really started taking off about 2-3 years ago. I'm willing to bet that the fighting genre is actually healthier today than it has ever been.