By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

I don't see why. Street Fighter sells better on PS than Xbox. Its not too big of a loss for Xbox.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
binary solo said:
I sure hope not, because SFV was Sony countering RTR exclusivity. The last thing we need is escalating competition on the buying up of until now multiplat franchises.

O .. M .. F .. G .. !!!!! (sorry)

In part is it about having an answer to Uncharted 4? The comparison between the last Tomb Raider and Uncharted has been made.

Phil Spencer: Totally. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk. We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.

One thing has no relation to the other. Why MS went after RTR exclusivity is irrelevant for how Sony responded to the RTR exclusivity. Sony cannot let something like RTR exclusivity simply slide with the shrug of the shoulders. If anything the SFV exclusivity is a clear message to MS that even though Sony's pockets aren't as deep, they still have a well of money which can be deployed for this sort of thing, and MS should think twice about assuming they can buy up existing mutliplat IP with impunity

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
LordLichtenstein said:
binary solo said:
I sure hope not, because SFV was Sony countering RTR exclusivity. The last thing we need is escalating competition on the buying up of until now multiplat franchises.

O .. M .. F .. G .. !!!!! (sorry)

In part is it about having an answer to Uncharted 4? The comparison between the last Tomb Raider and Uncharted has been made.

Phil Spencer: Totally. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk. We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.

One thing has no relation to the other. Why MS went after RTR exclusivity is irrelevant for how Sony responded to the RTR exclusivity. Sony cannot let something like RTR exclusivity simply slide with the shrug of the shoulders. If anything the SFV exclusivity is a clear message to MS that even though Sony's pockets aren't as deep, they still have a well of money which can be deployed for this sort of thing, and MS should think twice about assuming they can buy up existing mutliplat IP with impunity

Are you seriously? Street Fighter V has been in development for more than 4 months, you know that right?

as game, yes, there are some games that can do it...

as for a "game inside the fighting genre"... no 3th party fighting game can beat SFV, only smash from nintendo.

Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

they cant outbid microsoft for other games

Didn't Microsoft just buy Tomb Raider a few months? In fact hasn't Microsoft been buying exclusives since they entered the console market? I'm having trouble understanding why you think this is a new thing that began with Sony buying Street Fighter. 

In fact, this is the first time Microsoft buys a mainstream title as exclusive.

Around the Network
e-gamer said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

Didn't Microsoft just buy Tomb Raider a few months? In fact hasn't Microsoft been buying exclusives since they entered the console market? I'm having trouble understanding why you think this is a new thing that began with Sony buying Street Fighter. 

TIMED EXCLUSIVE!

LordLichtenstein said:
e-gamer said:
Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

TIMED EXCLUSIVE!

Wathever.

Sony has a long history about this. Tomb Raider used to be playstation exclusive some time ago.

Remember: It's the first time Microsoft buys a timed-exclusive mainstream title.

LordLichtenstein said:
iamserious said:
LivingMetal said:
Actually, I think the Street Fighter announcement was to counter the Tomb Raider announcement.

This was my thought exactly. I actually thought it was commonly agreed that it was to counter Tomb Raider exclusivity.

Commonly agreed, seriously? It is less than 4 months since Microsoft announced the deal with Square Enix. The deal was made to counter Uncharted. 

Uncharted has been exclusive to PS since the first one so I don't see how than can be so.

iamserious said:
LordLichtenstein said:
iamserious said:
LivingMetal said:
Actually, I think the Street Fighter announcement was to counter the Tomb Raider announcement.

This was my thought exactly. I actually thought it was commonly agreed that it was to counter Tomb Raider exclusivity.

Commonly agreed, seriously? It is less than 4 months since Microsoft announced the deal with Square Enix. The deal was made to counter Uncharted. 

Uncharted has been exclusive to PS since the first one so I don't see how than can be so.

No S***! 

Fallout 4, Red Dead Revolution, GTA 6, ESO 6, Mass Effect 4, Uncharted 5, God of War 4 all Xbox One Exclusive watch guys.

I mean they have the money right? That's all you need!