By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

theprof00 said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
So far they haven't  even reach 50% market share yet 

Implying Nintendo has even been considered for getting multiplat attention for AAA-budget games in the past 10 years.

Resident Evil 4 is less then 10 years old of course it didn't stay exclusive but when the got it they had less then 25% market share.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Actually, I think the Street Fighter announcement was to counter the Tomb Raider announcement.

This was my thought exactly. I actually thought it was commonly agreed that it was to counter Tomb Raider exclusivity.

Wait... You mean there has been a street fighter worth playing since SF2?

I could personally care less if MS "counters" this game.... What do they need to counter? Give me Mortal Kombat X and I'll be happy.

iamserious said:
LivingMetal said:
Actually, I think the Street Fighter announcement was to counter the Tomb Raider announcement.

This was my thought exactly. I actually thought it was commonly agreed that it was to counter Tomb Raider exclusivity.

Commonly agreed, seriously? It is less than 4 months since Microsoft announced the deal with Square Enix. The deal was made to counter Uncharted. 

Chris Hu said:
theprof00 said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
So far they haven't  even reach 50% market share yet 

Implying Nintendo has even been considered for getting multiplat attention for AAA-budget games in the past 10 years.

Resident Evil 4 is less then 10 years old of course it didn't stay exclusive but when the got it they had less then 25% market share.

Are you really going to debate the semantics of a hyperbole? Sure let's spend an hour listing all the multiplats so we can make hardcore_gamer seem like he wasn't also debating a null point.

Oh also, regarding your posting of sales of sf2 vs the new versions.
Keep in mind that sf 4 is the #2 selling title in the entirety of the series and-
1. Doesn't include digital (which I own)
2. Wasn't bundled like sf2 was. Maybe you weren't alive back then but super nintendo was bundled with sf2 for at least a year. I remember seeing it everywhere, and back then, all you had was sf2 and mortal kombat. Both turbo and regular edition were in bundles from the beginning. The genesis version was not.

Around the Network
hlfbkd420 said:

I could personally care less if MS "counters" this game.... What do they need to counter? Give me Mortal Kombat X and I'll be happy.

regardless of whether or not it's good, it's still a franchise that sold almost 7m copies last gen.

Moneyhat Streetfighter 7 so the game X1 gets is 2 better than SF5.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Very true. It sold okay. I actually bought it but wasn't a fan. Did the original SFIV launch at $59.99?

theprof00 said:
hlfbkd420 said:

regardless of whether or not it's good, it's still a franchise that sold almost 7m copies last gen.

Mostly due to the fact that its still in print and has been available at bargain bin prices for most of its existence.  The Street Fighter games on the NES weren't available throught the consoles entire lifetime and almost never where heavily discounted and they sold almost twice as much on a console that sold less then 50 million units compared to the 160+ of the PS3 and 360.

All I know is if Sony opened the flood gates to a bidding war, they're screwed lol

they cant outbid microsoft for other games

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick