By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Microsoft Counter PS4's Street Fighter V Announcement?

I don't see how countering the SFV annoucement would help MS in any way, shape or form.... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
I think if the market share between the PS4 keeps growing in favor of the PS4, which no doubt it will... then it will become increasingly difficult for MS to make a case to any third party for exclusivity. Unless they are willing to throwing increasingly larger amounts of money at them for timed exclusivity.

At any rate the best MS will be able o do going forward is marketing exclusivity. Which can be pretty effective if done right.

This so hard!

AZWification said:

I don't see how countering the SFV annoucement would help MS in any way, shape or form.... :/

Maybe "countering" is the wrong word, but Phil did say, he is working on making amends for Street Fighter V.

Hardcore_gamer said:
LordLichtenstein said:
brighat said:
I'm sure the game of moneyhat tennis will continue. Microsoft will get timed or exclusive rights on something from EA/BioWare/PopCap, Bethesda or somebody. Fallout 4 exclusive to Xbox One sounds like music to Phil Spencer's ears although they will have to allow a PC version to be released at the same time.

I don't approve of moneyhatting but it's the way the business is now. Wasn't happy to wait 10 months to play Peggle 2 on PS4.

While Microsoft will get timed-exclusivity, Sony gets actual exclusivity - at least console exclusivity.

If Microsoft publishing the game I'm sure they gonna have a right for the game they don't own the ip but they can keep that game exclusive to xbox platform in sure microsoft founding the game too 

"Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?"

"Yes"

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/95495143805/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-faq

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Moneyhatt SE with FFVII remake for the ultimate meltdown

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
LordLichtenstein said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
LordLichtenstein said:

PS4 currently has 63,87 % market share between the two,

Seriously where did you get 63% of market share from ? 

By using math?

So far they haven't  even reach 50% market share yet 

He said "between the two", as in removing Wii U from the equation, adding the totals of PS4 and XB1 and dividing them in two. (Wii U generally doesn't get the same third party titles, and certainly won't get Tomb Raider or SFV.)
It didn't occur to you after multiple people replied the same way that maybe you misread something?

Anyway, I think what MS can do about the SFV announcement is to focus more on Killer Instinct, which has its Season 2 currently in development.
The only other fighting game big enough next to SF is Tekken, but I very much doubt MS would be able to persuade Namco to sell them the rights for Tekken 7, even temporaily, the way things look in terms of sales between the console. Especially in japan.

An alternative would be to secure some other less popular fighting game. Dead or Alive for example, I could see that happening. It already did before with DOA3 and 4.

Clearly he misread something ;)

Securing Dead or Alive isn't really what I would call "making amends" :p

LordLichtenstein said:
V-r0cK said:
LordLichtenstein said:
V-r0cK said:

Well I figured if MS was able to spend $2Billion on Mojang then they can do alot more with their money lol

Acquiring a company is one thing, buying exclusive rights for a game is another. 

Who says MS couldn't counter by buying a company? =)

Imagine, just image if Microsoft bought EA tomorrow. The "console war" would be over within hours. :p

Personally I dont think that would end the console war if MS bought EA.  Looking at all of EA's big games:

- All sports games: Still need to be multiplat as part of the deal with the major leagues
- Battlefield/Medal of Honor/Titanfall: There's still CoD which is bigger and other FPS
- NFS: Many other racing games already out that can take its place

Trying to think of others...but the upper hand of buying EA would be The Sims (but thats PC), Mass Effect, Dragon Age which is good and probably a huge counter, but nothing that'll end the war imo.

MS already had their own exclusive third party fighter I guess people are forgetting about Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4. Anyway those two didn't do much for boosting hardware sales and I doubt Street Fighter V will do much for Playstation 4. Not even Brawl 4 did much for the Wii U and that is more popular then DoA and Street Fighter combined.

Killer Instinct Season 2?

Chris Hu said:
MS already had their own exclusive third party fighter I guess people are forgetting about Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 4. Anyway those two didn't do much for boosting hardware sales and I doubt Street Fighter V will do much for Playstation 4. Not even Brawl 4 did much for the Wii U and that is more popular then DoA and Street Fighter combined.

Please.

WolfpackN64 said:
Killer Instinct Season 2?

Really?