By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When's the Xbox One gonna overtake the PS4 in the US?

Tagged games:

When will the Xbone overtake the PS4 in the U.S.?

Late 2014 32 2.87%

1st half of 2015 51 4.57%

2nd half of 2015 92 8.25%

1st half of 2016 22 1.97%

2nd half of 2016 12 1.08%

2017 6 0.54%

2018 and beyond 10 0.90%

Never 794 71.21%

See results 95 8.52%

Total:1,114
Fusioncode said:
Never.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
PenguinZ said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Hopefully never. I see it as an inferior product and the more reason MS has to remove its cancer from this industry, the better

How do you define inferior product?

I'm just going to preface the following statement with, this is my opinion and my opinion only. In no way am I stating this as factual evidence, but mere opinion.

I define inferior in this specific case (PS4 vs X1) as the latter having weaker hardware. The latter having far less reliable hardware if history is anything to go by (RRoD from previous gen, Blu Ray grinding noise this gen. I suffered 3 RRoD before switching to PS3). The latter creating and maintaining anti-consumer business practices that have now spread to Sonys console ala paid online, putting other subscriptions behind the live paywall, using AA batteries in 2014 etc.  The latter having percieved lack of ability to create interesting or innovative IP.  The latter having an inferior OS that is confusing, unintuitive, buggy and sluggish.  The latter using deceit to market their product - Power of the Cloud, ESRam magic, used games policy which is currently put on hold.

To MS credit they have a slightly more stable online infrastructure.  And I mean slightly.  These recent hacking attacks have showed that no one is invulnerable and switching between my PS3 and 360 on CoD showed that I had periodical disconnection issues on 360 while they were non existant on PS3.  In the current gen both consoles have had times where the online is iffy but I find it hard giving an edge to MS.

I've owned both previous gen, don't have either current gen but have friends that have either console.  Ive used both thoroughly, I'm a tech savvy user who is quick to pick up new technology and I've tried most features. 

360 Gamertag - Sk84life293 (mine)

PSN ID - alkaline2011 (mine)

X1 Gamertag - Fragguh TM (friends)

PS4 ID - Cant remember lol it's my friends acc.

I never really think of hardware as a determining factor in a home console purchase. Other than that, some pretty nice points were made.

On the topic of this thread though, I'm quite surprised that most people went for never. I mean we are talking strictly US right, and the last time I checked, Xbox One has a new Halo game coming out next year, which historically has been a huge title in the US market. Pricing is always a factor as well. Though honestly, it's a bit too early to tell.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Depends. If the price goes back up to $399 then it never will.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think PS4 will stay ahead forever, XB1 will beat it on Black Friday and Christmas because of they amazing deals, but once the price goes back to normal PS4 will stay ahead

never gonna happen next yr

lets get into reality here, the last NPD has PS4 up by over a mill for total

im amazed at some of the posts in here stating as early as june and its even in the OP i would bet anything and anyone xb1 wont be ahead by june or even next yr in general

in the next 8 NPDs the Xb1 is gonna erase over 1M gap when it has yet to outsell the PS4 in a single NPD for all of 2014 really? it would need to outsell the PS4 by 125k every month for the next 8 months to pass it by june... yeah no

and even if the xb1 does manage to pass it what do you think will happen when sony drops the price?

idk about ya'll but next year looks big for the PS4 just the next uncharted alone is building massive hype and imo is more looked forward to than anything MS has announced so far for 2015 including halo, i cant imagine what a price cut or decent bundle would do for the ps4 along with uncharted4s release next yr

Play Me

Around the Network

Tagged for the future.

Proud to be a Californian.

If they keep this price then they'll win US. They just need to keep their price significantly lower than PS4, because being an American I've learned most of us don't care about quality just what's cheaper and advertised more

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

DarkRPGamer007 said:
If they keep this price then they'll win US. They just need to keep their price significantly lower than PS4, because being an American I've learned most of us don't care about quality just what's cheaper and advertised more

Not true at all but I digress ...

Please look at people in the nation. While there are quite a few reputable gamers, most just buy because 

A. They're easily influenced

B. They're fanboys following what they believe is best

C. Casuals and don't give af just whatever they know about and is cheaper. Casuals have no clue what Wii U is, but somehow see the difference between XB1 and XB360

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Fusioncode said:
man-bear-pig said:
GribbleGrunger said:
This is a necrobumb thread if I ever saw one.

Hhaha tru dat. There will be lots of crow eaten

There will be lots of crow eaten in just a few hours if you actually think XBO outsold PS4 by 400k in one month. 

Yeah I think VGC overtracked the Xbone and PS4 this month