By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When's the Xbox One gonna overtake the PS4 in the US?

Tagged games:

When will the Xbone overtake the PS4 in the U.S.?

Late 2014 32 2.87%

1st half of 2015 51 4.57%

2nd half of 2015 92 8.25%

1st half of 2016 22 1.97%

2nd half of 2016 12 1.08%

2017 6 0.54%

2018 and beyond 10 0.90%

Never 794 71.21%

See results 95 8.52%

Total:1,114

Later 2015 or never.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I never said they lost it, it got smaller.

You did tho. Twice when you said "get the lead back". Not possible to get something back if they already have it.  You have to lose it first in order to get it back.

Get the lead back that they had before.  They have a smaller lead now.

Edit: You don't have to nitpick on wording so much...

Well if xbox is 50 to 100 dollares cheaper it could happen. Same pricepoint ps4 is supperior so never then.

small44 said:
teigaga said:

If it was gonna happen it would happen when xbox recieves halo 5, the Gears collection and an official 299 pricepoint.

My estimation would be never to be honest. Next year PS4 is gonna benefit from all of the Japanese game fans moving onto the PS4 with persona, FFType 0, street fighter, Deep Down, Yakuza and plenty more.

Yakuza is not a system seller it will not boost ps4

I wasn't saying it was. I'm saying theres a fair portion of gamers who aren't sold by COD, Assassins Creed, Fifa etc. They're likely to pick up a PS4 next year because of increase number of games which appeal to their tastes. 

It is pretty simple really. X1 will overtake ps4 globally in USA when each x1 loyal fan start buying 10k consoles weekly and man turns pigs into bears.

That is considering sales matter. But since that isn't the case in VGC as we were teached I don't know why we are discussing it, or do I?

Anyway you lacks thedrill argumentative skills and panda charisma.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
teigaga said:
small44 said:
teigaga said:

If it was gonna happen it would happen when xbox recieves halo 5, the Gears collection and an official 299 pricepoint.

My estimation would be never to be honest. Next year PS4 is gonna benefit from all of the Japanese game fans moving onto the PS4 with persona, FFType 0, street fighter, Deep Down, Yakuza and plenty more.

Yakuza is not a system seller it will not boost ps4

I wasn't saying it was. I'm saying theres a fair portion of gamers who aren't sold by COD, Assassins Creed, Fifa etc. They're likely to pick up a PS4 next year because of increase number of games which appeal to their tastes. 

There not enough people ready to buy a console mainly because of Japanese games especially Japanese game like Yakuza not enough to keep ps4 ahead of xbox one in usa

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

man-bear-pig said:
GribbleGrunger said:
This is a necrobumb thread if I ever saw one.

Hhaha tru dat. There will be lots of crow eaten

There will be lots of crow eaten in just a few hours if you actually think XBO outsold PS4 by 400k in one month. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Never because the PS4 will have still outsold the XB1 in North America for the overall year despite the amount of strides and best attempts that Microsoft have made ...

I'll say around June

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

This poll tells us only 71% of people actually understand how sales work. Xbox always gets a bigger bump in sales during the holiday than Playstation, and that this will most likely be X1's greatest chance of winning the holidays.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]