By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

I'll have an Xbox One by the time Rise Of The Tomb Raider releases so I don't really care if it comes out on PS4. I'm more interested in seeing what Microsoft will money hat now after Sony grabbed console exclusivity with SFV. It's like a game of tennis. I'll bet they talk to BioWare about their next new franchise at E3 2015 or something.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Good for them, more reason to make me want to purchase an Xbox One. You up for that bet, or are you not confident enough?

Bet what exactly? Nerd cookies? 

I think Super Street Fighter V or Super Street Fighter V Uber Duper Edition will be on the XBox One at some point. Hell, Nintendo might even get a version at some point on HDS/Fusion. 

Sig control, what else can we bet for? I'm still waiting for Titanfall super duper edition for PS4...OH WAIT, it's never happening. As a PS4 fanboy, this is something I can come to terms with, why can't you come to terms with the fact that SV5 will never be out on Xbox One?

ktay95 said:
Soundwave said:

I love the double standards Sony fans have. 

We're supposed to be outraged at MS for Tomb Raider exclusivity but SFV exclusivity is iron-clad and can't possibly be broken and even on top of that its been suggested its a good thing.

Then cue all the crying about Monster Hunter only on 3DS.  

Most entitled fanbase on the internet. 

I didn't really have a big opinion one way or another, but now I hope MS does money-hat a lot more games just for the lolz. The reactions are just too funny. 

Why would MS fans be angered at MS making a deal. Sony fans have every right to be angry with the TR deal, after all the first game made profit and sold better on PS consoles.

The SFV deal on the other hand is different. It firstly sells better on PS consoles (which also have the larger install base) but also Capcom didnt have the resources to make USFIV on next gen let alone SFV. Sony must have helped develop or fund it.

OT: Also is a thread about old and well known news really getting so many responses.

What difference should a XBox fan feel if they like Street Fighter? Market conditions don't matter to their personal enjoyment of a game. 

By the same token you can say well MS makes far more money than Sony so really they should be able to get more exclusives because Sony is so poorly run financially that they can't afford to outbid MS for much. 

Also Street Fighter IV sold like 5+ million copies, somehow I doubt Capcom can't afford to make a new one. The new one doesn't even look all that different from the last one, lol. 

ktay95 said:
Soundwave said:

We're supposed to be outraged at MS for Tomb Raider exclusivity but SFV exclusivity is iron-clad and can't possibly be broken and even on top of that its been suggested its a good thing.

I didn't really have a big opinion one way or another, but now I hope MS does money-hat a lot more games just for the lolz. The reactions are just too funny. 

Why would MS fans be angered at MS making a deal. Sony fans have every right to be angry with the TR deal, after all the first game made profit and sold better on PS consoles.

The SFV deal on the other hand is different. It firstly sells better on PS consoles (which also have the larger install base) but also Capcom didnt have the resources to make USFIV on next gen let alone SFV. Sony must have helped develop or fund it.

OT: Also is a thread about old and well known news really getting so many responses.

Now that you mention it,

Soundwave said:
ktay95 said:

What difference should a XBox fan feel if they like Street Fighter? Market conditions don't matter to their personal enjoyment of a game. 

By the same token you can say well MS makes far more money than Sony so really they should be able to get more exclusives because Sony is so poorly run financially that they can't afford to outbid MS for much. 

Also Street Fighter IV sold like 5+ million copies, somehow I doubt Capcom can't afford to make a new one. The new one doesn't even look all that different from the last one, lol. 

Game wouldn't exist without Sony. Ono said a while back he doesn't have R&D budget and staff for SV5

Around the Network

This exclusive deal war shit is going to ruin everything.

Mass Effect 1 was also published by Microsoft. That didn't stop it from being on PS3.

Soundwave said:

Except if you've been following Street FIghter, you'd have known Capcom didn't have the funds for it.  Ono said so himself.  This is no different than Bayonetta 2.  Square Enix has the funds for Tomb Raider, MS just paid for it to "Not" go to the PS4.  See the difference?  If not then Bayonetta 2 is gonna end up on the PS4 and XBox One in 6 months.

true_fan said:

Sorry it was a typo, vitriol means fury and anger. Ps4 fans would yell, petition and boycott when a dev not sony related does something, but when sony does the same thing it's usually excused. View the address below for the phil spencer inteview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

This quote says it all.

"Now, obviously if I'm going to partner on it, I'm a platform holder, I'm hardly going to invest to go make the PlayStation version of any game. It is a business. So when we go invest with a partner on a big franchise, we're going to come with certain needs we have out of the relationship."

All he says there is that he wouldn't fund the development of a PS4 version, not that he wouldn't fund a game that could eventually come to PS (though there'd obviously be a time limit on its release). He's just saying that he wouldn't pay for that part of development; at least that's what his wording suggests.

I don't personally expect TR to come to the PS4, nor do i really care (ill be getting it on PC regardless), but his comment doesn't really 'prove' anything.

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Good for them, more reason to make me want to purchase an Xbox One. You up for that bet, or are you not confident enough?

Bet what exactly? Nerd cookies? 

I think Super Street Fighter V or Super Street Fighter V Uber Duper Edition will be on the XBox One at some point. Hell, Nintendo might even get a version at some point on HDS/Fusion. 

Sig control, what else can we bet for? I'm still waiting for Titanfall super duper edition for PS4...OH WAIT, it's never happening. As a PS4 fanboy, this is something I can come to terms with, why can't you come to terms with the fact that SV5 will never be out on Xbox One?

I have both systems and a Wii U, so why should I give a sh*t either way? I will be able to play the game no matter what. 

I just think there will be a Super SFV at some point on the XBox One. It wouldn't even be the first time Capcom has done it. Capcom has been doing this for like 20+ years, unlike some young 'uns I actually remember they announced Street Fighter II Championship Edition *exclusively* for the Sega Genesis back in the day which made people go crazy. 

"Only On Genesis". 

The Super NES got Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting, which technically is a "different game" (it was actually a better port, lol).