By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
This will be XBOX and pc only, people just wont accept it. Phil Spencer just needs to man up and say it like that sony exec did.

Trust me, if it wasn't coming to PS4 he would man up and say it.

For now, it's coming to PS4 after a short period of time. They might try and make sure that it doesn't show up on PS4 by paying up some more but as of this moment, a PS4 version is definitely planned.

How do you know it will be a "short" period of time?

Also I'd expect MS to go after other exclusives now too. If Sony wants to play that game, MS can simply play it better. 

I think Super Street Fighter V will be on XBox One and Tomb Raider 2 will be on the PS4, but it won't be a "short" wait for either one. 

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
This will be XBOX and pc only, people just wont accept it. Phil Spencer just needs to man up and say it like that sony exec did.

For now, it's coming to PS4 after a short period of time. They might try and make sure that it doesn't show up on PS4 by paying up some more but as of this moment, a PS4 version is definitely planned.

No disrespect but no company has the freedom of sony, have you seen the vitriol of ps4 fans. Phil Speccer said they would not fund a game to end of on playstation. The "duration" is for the PC release.

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:

Also I'd expect MS to go after other exclusives now too. If Sony wants to play that game, MS can simply play it better. 

By short I mean minimum 6 months, which isn't exactly short but I think you get the point.

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:

By short I mean minimum 6 months, which isn't exactly short but I think you get the point.

I think it will be longer than that. Try 1 year. Super SFV will end up XBox One too I'd wager. 

true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:

No disrespect but no company has the freedom of sony, have you seen the vitral of ps4 fans. Phil Specncer said they would not fund a game to end of on playstation. The "duration" is for the PC release.

Vitral? I don't know what that means. Also, where did he say that? I tried googling it but can't find anything. A link is much appreciated!

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

Don't bother, they will never come to their senses. Let them live in their "Rise of the Tomb Raider is exclusive" fantasy.

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:

I think Super Street Fighter V will be on XBox One and Tomb Raider 2 will be on the PS4, but it won't be a "short" wait. 

This money hatting game this didn't just start with Tomb Raider and Street Fighter. Its been happening for many many years and will continue to happen for many years into the future. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

I think it will be longer than that. Try 1 year. Super SFV will end up XBox One too I'd wager. 

Then lets make a bet =)

I've had doubts that this game would ever be released on PS4, this makes my doubts stronger. Guess i'll wait for the PC-version that i am 90% will happen

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Then lets make a bet =)

I love the double standards Sony fans have. 

We're supposed to be outraged at MS for Tomb Raider exclusivity but SFV exclusivity is iron-clad and can't possibly be broken and even on top of that its been suggested its a good thing.

Then cue all the crying about Monster Hunter only on 3DS.  

Most entitled fanbase on the internet. 

I didn't really have a big opinion one way or another, but now I hope MS does money-hat a lot more games just for the lolz. The reactions are just too funny. 

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra