By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
This will be XBOX and pc only, people just wont accept it. Phil Spencer just needs to man up and say it like that sony exec did.

Trust me, if it wasn't coming to PS4 he would man up and say it.

For now, it's coming to PS4 after a short period of time. They might try and make sure that it doesn't show up on PS4 by paying up some more but as of this moment, a PS4 version is definitely planned.

No disrespect but no company has the freedom of sony, have you seen the vitral of ps4 fans. Phil Specncer said they would not fund a game to end of on playstation. The "duration" is for the PC release.

Vitral? I don't know what that means. Also, where did he say that? I tried googling it but can't find anything. A link is much appreciated!

Sorry it was a typo, vitriol means fury and anger. Ps4 fans would yell, petition and boycott when a dev not sony related does something, but when sony does the same thing it's usually excused. View the address below for the phil spencer inteview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

This quote says it all.

"Now, obviously if I'm going to partner on it, I'm a platform holder, I'm hardly going to invest to go make the PlayStation version of any game. It is a business. So when we go invest with a partner on a big franchise, we're going to come with certain needs we have out of the relationship."

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Then lets make a bet =)

I love the double standards Sony fans have. 

We're supposed to be outraged at MS for Tomb Raider exclusivity but SFV exclusivity is iron-clad and can't possibly be broken and even on top of that its been suggested its a good thing.

Then cue all the crying about Monster Hunter only on 3DS.  

Most entitled fanbase on the internet. 

-Asks for a bet

-"Sony fans are such entitled fanboys!"

Maybe I'm confident in the fact that SV5 won't show up on Xbox because Sony said PS4 will be the only console it ever shows up on, but Microsoft hasn't said shit about whether or not Tomb Raider will only be on Xbox. Oh but no, we sony fans are entitled idiots. Please, continue.

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Then lets make a bet =)

We're supposed to be outraged at MS for Tomb Raider exclusivity but SFV exclusivity is iron-clad and can't possibly be broken and even on top of that its been suggested its a good thing.

-Asks for a bet

Maybe I'm confident in the fact that SV5 won't show up on Xbox because Sony said PS4 will be the only console it ever shows up on, but Microsoft hasn't said shit about whether or not Tomb Raider will only be on Xbox. Oh but no, we sony fans are entitled idiots. Please, continue.

I hope MS moneyhats Tomb Raider 3 too :). 

Super SF5 and SF5 are not the same game by the way, technically. 

true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
This will be XBOX and pc only, people just wont accept it. Phil Spencer just needs to man up and say it like that sony exec did.

Trust me, if it wasn't coming to PS4 he would man up and say it.

For now, it's coming to PS4 after a short period of time. They might try and make sure that it doesn't show up on PS4 by paying up some more but as of this moment, a PS4 version is definitely planned.

No disrespect but no company has the freedom of sony, have you seen the vitral of ps4 fans. Phil Specncer said they would not fund a game to end of on playstation. The "duration" is for the PC release.

Vitral? I don't know what that means. Also, where did he say that? I tried googling it but can't find anything. A link is much appreciated!

Sorry it was a typo, vitriol mean fury and anger. Ps4 fans would yell, petition and boycott when a dev not sony related does something, but when sony does the same thing it's usually excused. View the address below.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

This quote says it all.

"Now, obviously if I'm going to partner on it, I'm a platform holder, I'm hardly going to invest to go make the PlayStation version of any game. It is a business. So when we go invest with a partner on a big franchise, we're going to come with certain needs we have out of the relationship."

timed-exclusive.

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:

-Asks for a bet

Good for them, more reason to make me want to purchase an Xbox One. You up for that bet, or are you not confident enough?

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:
true_fan said:
riderz13371 said:

Sorry it was a typo, vitriol mean fury and anger. Ps4 fans would yell, petition and boycott when a dev not sony related does something, but when sony does the same thing it's usually excused. View the address below.

This quote says it all.

timed-exclusive.

Exactly for a PC version, it's so funny you skipped over where he explicitly mentions playstation. Oh well man keep holding out hope for that ps4 release.

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:

I think it will be longer than that. Try 1 year. Super SFV will end up XBox One too I'd wager. 

Then lets make a bet =)

There are several differences that I'm sure you have ignored but I will now explain to you.

1. Sony clarified the nature of exclusivity at the very beginning. They said point blank, PS4 is the only console you will ever get to play Street Fight V on. On the other hand Microsoft and Square dance around the question for weeks before finally explaining that yes the deal has some sort of duration. We still of course don't know the specifics. Good PR goes a LONG way in this business, one of the many reasons PS4 is currently winning in sales.

2. We have direct and irrefutable proof that Capcom WOULD NOT FUND STREET FIGHTER V. They didn't give Ono the money to make the game. They wouldn't even give him money to put Ultra SFIV on next gen consoles. He had reuse a ton of assests just to make USFIV on last gen consoles clearly showing Capcom doesn't invest a lot of money in the franchise. So Sony stepped in and helped out with funding for a game THAT WAS NOT GOING TO GET MADE WITHOUT EXTRA FUNDING. When ROTR was announced there was never any hint about exclusivity. It was pretty clear the game was angling for a multiplat release. One of the Square Enix insiders on Gaf confirmed the game was originally multiplat but I understand not wanting to trust insiders.

I like you Soundwave, but your annoying vendetta against Sony fans is just grating on the nerves especially when it doesn't make much sense. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:

-Asks for a bet

Good for them, more reason to make me want to purchase an Xbox One. You up for that bet, or are you not confident enough?

Bet what exactly? Nerd cookies? 

I think Super Street Fighter V or Super Street Fighter V Uber Duper Edition will be on the XBox One at some point. Hell, Nintendo might even get a version at some point on HDS/Fusion. 

Soundwave said:

I didn't really have a big opinion one way or another, but now I hope MS does money-hat a lot more games just for the lolz. The reactions are just too funny. 

Why would MS fans be angered at MS making a deal. Sony fans have every right to be angry with the TR deal, after all the first game made profit and sold better on PS consoles.

The SFV deal on the other hand is different. It firstly sells better on PS consoles (which also have the larger install base) but also Capcom didnt have the resources to make USFIV on next gen let alone SFV. Sony must have helped develop or fund it.

OT: Also is a thread about old and well known news really getting so many responses.

true_fan said:

Exactly for a PC version, it's so funny you skipped over where he explicitly mentions playstation. Oh well man keep holding out hope for that ps4 release.

So.... why hasn't MS just straight out say "ROTR is not coming to the PS4, ever"? We're still waiting for them to say that after 4 months...

OT: Thread title should be changed to "Microsoft reiterates that Tomb Raider is being published by them."