By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 gameplay reveal beats Zelda gameplay reveal

Zekkyou said:

How do you mean?

Considering how long the Zelda franchise has been around, and the multiple directions the series took, there are different opinions on what path the series should take. This has divided the fanbase and no matter what Nintnedo does the majority of the fanbase will never be happy. Its something that plagues most of Nintendos franchises and its why you don't usually see an extreme universal amount of hype for Nintendo games.  

Around the Network

Not a fair comparison. Nintendo's reveal was off-screen cap at the end of a a non-Nintendo exclusive event. Sony's was the highlight of a major Sony-exclussive event that was advertised before hand; gameplay was also direct feed. Plus The Game Awards had fewer viewers overall.

However, worth noting is that Nintendo has two videos of the gameplay on their channel (duplicates essentially). Combined, those two identical videos account for over 1.3 million views.

Well yeah, Uncharted is much more popular than Zelda.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

AgentZorn said:
Zekkyou said:

How do you mean?

Considering how long the Zelda franchise has been around, and the multiple directions the series took, there are different opinions on what path the series should take. This has divided the fanbase and no matter what Nintnedo does the majority of the fanbase will never be happy. Its something that plagues most of Nintendos franchises and its why you don't usually see an extreme universal amount of hype for Nintendo games.  

That's actually a very interesting point. I've never thought about it like that.

Nogamez said:
alternine said:
Uncharted 4 is going to be massive. Dont really see Zelda standing a chance :/

Zelda wont stand a chance of what? 

Selling more units of course since the PS4 userbase will almost be three times as big by the time both titles launch.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 gameplay was full 15 min of real gameplay, Zelda was 4 min. off screen gameplay with two guys casual talking and accent was on map and size of the world.

And there are sold nearly 2x PS4 than Wii U consoles.

Miyamotoo said:

Uncharted 4 gameplay was full 15 min of real gameplay, Zelda was 4 min. off screen gameplay with two guys casual talking and accent was on map and size of the world.

And there are sold nearly 2x PS4 than Wii U consoles.

Well actually Uncharted 4 being longer is actually a disadvantage. I remember reading somewhere that people can usually watch a YouTube video for 3-4 before getting distracted and its 15 minutes long. I'm not certain if that affects the views but I think it does. Basically if the Uncharted 4 video was shorter it would have more views. 

Also look at that Like difference, very close in views but huge difference in likes. Almost 30,000 likes for Uncharted 4 and almost 5,000 likes for Zelda.

It's also the gameplay reveal no matter what you say. It's Nintendos fault for revealing it the way they did so blame them.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Holy S***

Good thing I read through first and saw that this was about number of views.

I thought this was a fanboy thread at first.

Man though, Zelda is gonna be amazing!

1doesnotsimply

I think anyone how doesn't think this game is going to be massive, is seriously delusional.
I mean I haven't jumped to the new console generation yet. And if I don't buy one before this game comes out. It's going to be a day one purchases for me and then pick up a console with it, why not!