By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 gameplay reveal beats Zelda gameplay reveal

LinkTheHuman said:

First off, rating a gameplay trailer off of how many 'views' it has on youtube has many flaws.  

To begin with 'replays' count for views as well. Not to mention the 'Playstation' youtube chanell has more subs then the 'Nintendo' chanel, therefore more people would've been alerted to the trailer. 

Second off, no Nintendo fan (outside of Nintendo fans who have subsribed to Ninendo) would've expected Zelda gameplay to be shown off at the game awards. And when they did find out, it was most likely from a seperate news channell, (ign, machinima, polygon, kotaku etc). 

So unless one amassed the views (clicks) from all the different sources that posted the trailer videos, one can't tell how much attention the trailer truly received. 

Not to mention rating the quality and hype generted from a trailer off of its view count is unorthadox, and ineffecient to see how much hype it's collecting.  

Syting Journalists (good ones), fans, gamers etc. would be a better way to analyse how much hype a trailer has created. ( I still can't decide on which trailer did it's job the best).  

I honestly feel as though I've just been pulled into a clickbait forum.

Exactly. People are just using this as ammo against Nintendo.

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Good thing I read through first and saw that this was about number of views.

I thought this was a fanboy thread at first.

Man though, Zelda is gonna be amazing!

Aye tis very clear from this that Uncharted will be a better game than Zelda-U also both of them will not be as good as a guy hitting himself in the dick with a stick because that video on youtube has more views and #owmydickhurts trended more.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Beating it in what terms? Zelda reveal craps on everything that was shown yesterday.

LurkerJ said:
Beating it in what terms? Zelda reveal craps on everything that was shown yesterday.

He clearly stated in the OP it just beat it in terms of YouTube views. That's it.

TheGoldenBoy said:
LurkerJ said:

He clearly stated in the OP it just beat it in terms of YouTube views. That's it.

And retweets or twitter activity as well? I think. #imnotontwitter

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
LurkerJ said:

And retweets or twitter activity as well? I think. #imnotontwitter

That too. So in terms of social media presence.

uncharted 4 beats anything coming out on in the future IMO. just looked like pure sex

Uncharted is better than Zelda! :)

Ali_16x said:
Miyamotoo said:

Uncharted 4 gameplay was full 15 min of real gameplay, Zelda was 4 min. off screen gameplay with two guys casual talking and accent was on map and size of the world.

And there are sold nearly 2x PS4 than Wii U consoles.

Well actually Uncharted 4 being longer is actually a disadvantage. I remember reading somewhere that people can usually watch a YouTube video for 3-4 before getting distracted and its 15 minutes long. I'm not certain if that affects the views but I think it does. Basically if the Uncharted 4 video was shorter it would have more views. 

Also look at that Like difference, very close in views but huge difference in likes. Almost 30,000 likes for Uncharted 4 and almost 5,000 likes for Zelda.

It's also the gameplay reveal no matter what you say. It's Nintendos fault for revealing it the way they did so blame them.

This is incorrect. You don't have to watch the full video for a view to count. Sometimes 5 sec or 30 sec will be enought, though there is not hard rule "X seconds for a view count".

Google use many different things to conclude if that view counted, but we can be sure that a video doesn't need to te watched until the end for it to count.

AgentZorn said:

Considering how long the Zelda franchise has been around, and the multiple directions the series took, there are different opinions on what path the series should take. This has divided the fanbase and no matter what Nintnedo does the majority of the fanbase will never be happy. Its something that plagues most of Nintendos franchises and its why you don't usually see an extreme universal amount of hype for Nintendo games.  

Ah, yeah i agree. I'm a Zelda fan myself, and it's certainly true that I've done everything from loving to hating the series. TP and MM in particular are two of my all time favorite games, while i could spend an hour ranting about everything i disliked in SS :p

The same could be said of Final Fantasy too (which i'm also a fan of).