By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 gameplay reveal beats Zelda gameplay reveal

60k difference in views is almost insignificant.

While I do agree that there is more excitement for U4 it's not completely eclipsing excitement for Zelda U. I also wouldn't rely too much on twitter. Last year VGA had Cranky Kong trending on twitter.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
I wonder what garnered the bigger audience? The VGA's or the playstation experience

Oh PlayStation experience by a landslide, if I recall the TGAs were only being streamed on YouTube? And it had around 40-50k viewers but PSX had around 140-150k viewers.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

From marketing and hype point is true Uncharted is bigger, that's because Wii U is not that big and the mainstream consumer is looking for more of mature games.

But for popularity, innovations, gameplay, and wow factor it's a matter of opinion.

AgentZorn said:
60k difference in views is almost insignificant.

While I do agree that there is more excitement for U4 it's not completely eclipsing excitement for Zelda U. I also wouldn't rely too much on twitter. Last year VGA had Cranky Kong trending on twitter.

Yes...because the Zelda video has been out 12 hours longer, it will only grow larger.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Zekkyou said:
Not really surprising. Not only was the UC4 footage proper direct gameplay (rather than off-screen), but Uncharted probably has a larger active fanbase right now.

The Zelda fanbase is also one of the more jaded Nintendo fanbases.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

I find this pretty interesting, both Zelda and Uncharted 4s gameplay were revealed and Uncharted 4 gameplay reveal has beaten Zeldas gameplay reveal. Currently Uncharted 4 has 1,011,441 and Zelda 945,370 and the Zelda video has been out around 12 hours more. Uncharted 4 has also dominated Twitter trends since its reveal. I think it was a bad time to reveal the Zelda gameplay, they should have waited until E3, the PlayStation Experience was too much lol. I also think this is why Microsoft didn't show anything at The Game Awards.

Uncharted 4 gameplay Reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2cL-pp6p8

Zelda gameplay reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypR03D1nISA

Considering there are more PS4 owners than Wii U owners, not much of a surprise. Wasn't expecting the view count to be this close though.

AgentZorn said:
Zekkyou said:
Not really surprising. Not only was the UC4 footage proper direct gameplay (rather than off-screen), but Uncharted probably has a larger active fanbase right now.

The Zelda fanbase is also one of the more jaded Nintendo fanbases.

How do you mean?

Not surprising really.

Ugh, my laptop can't do 60 fps. U4 must look great, gonna have to switch over to my brother's rig later. Next LoZ looking great too and Star Fox U! Yes!

That wasn't a Zelda reveal. That was basically just another teaser, they showed almost nothing.

Uncharted is a full on 15 minute walk through that shows a ton of the game and several of its main play mechanics.

The only thing we saw in the Zelda trailer was slow mo arrow shooting and a whole lot of grass, lol.