By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583
Experimental42 said:
riderz13371 said:

You realize both games will release around the same time right? You make it seem like Zelda is releasing in 2017 and Uncharted is about to release next month...They are most likely both Holiday 2015 games for their respective consoles.

First, they can be in the same launch window and one be further along in development. A game can go gold and wait for a long time to release in an ideal window. For example, it's not uncommon for a game being gold in time for Xmas but being held because the holidays are flooded with AAA blockbusters. Obviously these two games are not in that boat, but it's not unrealistic for UC4 to go gold and then be sat on till a holiday release window for better sales.

Second, we'll be lucky if Zelda U is ready by holiday 2015, and the devs will be pulling all nighters from now till then if they aren't going to delay it. Besides, I'd rather they delay it to 2016 than release a broken mess like ACU, MCC, DC, The Crew, Evil Within, DoA, etc.

So you're saying Uncharted 4 will be ready months before release and Naughty Dog will be sitting there doing nothing? You have some inside info, because right now all you're saying is pure BS in my opinion. Do you know when ND started working on Uncharted 4 and when Ninty started working on Zelda? No, I don't think so.

Plus they all have their problems they are facing with development so who knows how long it will take them to tackle their tasks. For instance, Uncharted is a much more realistic and graphically better looking game thus they have to spend much more time on the graphics department in comparison to Zelda. But then you have Zelda being open world and Uncharted is not. 

So all in all, You're just guessing.

Around the Network

looks amazing.

noooo i cant download that gamersyde video :(

Believe it or not, but i dont have bittorrent lol

Chevinator123 said:
noooo i cant download that gamersyde video :(

Believe it or not, but i dont have bittorrent lol

You can stream it. Or just download uTorrent...It's super easy.

Looked great to me but i was happy with graphical fidelity of last gen games too. They are just insanely fun, Indiana Jones-esque adventures with lot of charm. The amount of polygons on Drake's face is cool and all but that is close to bottom of list as to why i love the series.

Around the Network

Looks absolutely insane. I expect nothing less from Naughty Dog.

I liked it a lot, it looks very good. Highlight of the day.

Using a pick to climb reminded me of Tomb Raider remake.

My 8th gen collection

I watched the uncompressed version on my TV a while ago and damn, the stream really did the game a disservice. The game looks fucking beautiful and I love the improvements to the gameplay. The game is still probably about a year away and it looks and plays stunningly. Definitely my most anticipated game for next year (considering I doubt FFXV will release in 2015).

riderz13371 said:

So you're saying Uncharted 4 will be ready months before release and Naughty Dog will be sitting there doing nothing? You have some inside info, because right now all you're saying is pure BS in my opinion. Do you know when ND started working on Uncharted 4 and when Ninty started working on Zelda? No, I don't think so.

Plus they all have their problems they are facing with development so who knows how long it will take them to tackle their tasks. For instance, Uncharted is a much more realistic and graphically better looking game thus they have to spend much more time on the graphics department in comparison to Zelda. But then you have Zelda being open world and Uncharted is not. 

So all in all, You're just guessing.

I'm not guessing here, I stated facts and didn't make a hard claim.

1. Developers do sit on games that have gone gold until there's a suitable window, this isn't up for debate.

2. I never said they'd finish it in September and sit their with their thumbs up their asses, they could be doing tweaks, working on dlc, or just allocating resources to successive projects. ND wouldn't be the first company to do this if it's the case, and that's a fact.

3. Even if two games began development on the same day and had the same launch day, the games can have drastically different development schedules.

I would say ND has several GIGANTIC advantages over Nintendo in their development cycle for UC4 over Zelda U. ND has a wealth of experience producing HD games, whereas Nintendo clearly struggled to adapt to HD development. This is the first HD game for the Zelda team and they have to make it open world on Wii U hardware. As they make promises for its release date they put a lot more pressure on themselves, and the fact that Nintendo is almost exclusively supporting the Wii U atm means they need a much stricter production cycle. ND could take a month off to smoke pot and bang hookers in Amsterdam then delay the game an extra 2 months and Sony wouldn't really give a damn because they have so much in the works going forward

The point I'm trying to make in my roundabout manner is that ND is faster at HD development, so even with the same amount of time, the odds of Zelda being at the same stage of development as UC4 is unlikely considering a game as "simple" as SM3DW took Nintendo a year longer than they had intended, and they're cramming to get Zelda U to launch within the same window.

I am sort of disappointed. I was expecting to see those cinematic graphics they showed and claimed was on PS4 hardware, seeing the gameplay footage still looks good but nothing like the hype we were feed when we first saw Drake. Game play looks fun like always but visuals seem to be on the downside.