By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583

it looks very fun.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
starcraft said:

Also, the combat looks like it is somewhat improved over the last game. Though, this must be the easiest difficulty in the world, as Drake has taken more bullets than should ever be permitted!

The South African villians are pretty token and stereotypical - but then what isn't in video games these days.

Edit: I will say though they are doing an excellent job of making you feel like you can go anywhere and explore anything, even though we know that isn't true.

Most likely unlimited health for demo purposes. Notice how the screen goes grey and he regains health in an instant? It takes much longer for that to happen in the other Uncharted games.

Yeah you may be right. I hope so, as I am a pussy and tend to play on normal mode. I don't want to progress too easily

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Good lord that fucking foliage physics and graphics.... I came.

This demo and the reaction many people have had tell me only one thing.....insiders need to shut the hell up instead of always blowing shit way out of proportion when it's never been seen before yet. Talking about "OMG IT'S LIKE REAL LIFE!!!" Just stop. Seriously

I mean first of all lemme just say I think the game is looking quite gorgeous and it'll undoubtedly look better at release too, but come on.....everyone who really believed that E3 character model would show up in the actual gameplay needs to get their head checked, and it seems to me like a lot of these "insiders" just put out hype statements based off that rather than seeing actual gameplay.

And also all the people calling this like PS3.5 graphics and shit....I mean really? Ya the character models aren't super hot, and some of the rock textures were iffy, but other than that....that was some sexy gameplay footage if you ask me. A little heavy on the climbing for my taste, but everything else was hot. The animations especially were very nice, and it looks quite a hit more open compared to past Uncharted games which I would like very much. Though it's kinda hard to judge from just this one segment if that will be the case.

TLDR: Too much nitpicking from haters, and too much hyping from fanboys. So in other words....what else is new.

Hope Crystal Dynamics brings their A game to go pound for pound with this

Best looking foliage in any game, ever.

Around the Network

Just noticed when Drake kicks the dude who is holding on to his foot he gets a bloody noise. THOSE LITTLE DETAILS THOUGH!

It looks beautiful for the most part, but you can really see the bias around the web.

You see people bashing the crap out of the Zelda footage, then they slob all over this footage's knob end. There was more combat here and more interaction but the game is much further along in development. It still has an unstable frame rate, especially around running water.

Notice how everyone says it's okay because it's a demo build, but they complain about the footage of a Zelda game that has a year or more until it goes gold. This isn't particularly about this thread or specifically this forum, but it's still annoying.

Both games look amazing for where they are and the style they're bringing to the table.

Experimental42 said:
It looks beautiful for the most part, but you can really see the bias around the web.

You see people bashing the crap out of the Zelda footage, then they slob all over this footage's knob end. There was more combat here and more interaction but the game is much further along in development. It still has an unstable frame rate, especially around running water.

Notice how everyone says it's okay because it's a demo build, but they complain about the footage of a Zelda game that has a year or more until it goes gold. This isn't particularly about this thread or specifically this forum, but it's still annoying.

Both games look amazing for where they are and the style they're bringing to the table.

You realize both games will release around the same time right? You make it seem like Zelda is releasing in 2017 and Uncharted is about to release next month...They are most likely both Holiday 2015 games for their respective consoles.

The number of people clearly bitter / downplaying is delicious

riderz13371 said:

You realize both games will release around the same time right? You make it seem like Zelda is releasing in 2017 and Uncharted is about to release next month...They are most likely both Holiday 2015 games for their respective consoles.

First, they can be in the same launch window and one be further along in development. A game can go gold and wait for a long time to release in an ideal window. For example, it's not uncommon for a game being gold in time for Xmas but being held because the holidays are flooded with AAA blockbusters. Obviously these two games are not in that boat, but it's not unrealistic for UC4 to go gold and then be sat on till a holiday release window for better sales.

Second, we'll be lucky if Zelda U is ready by holiday 2015, and the devs will be pulling all nighters from now till then if they aren't going to delay it. Besides, I'd rather they delay it to 2016 than release a broken mess like ACU, MCC, DC, The Crew, Evil Within, DoA, etc.