By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583

Notice the dirt on his shirt in the third to last shot? Love it. I'm also loving the simplistic HUD. and how it turns off whenever he is not in combat. The second to last shot is so good too.

Around the Network
Madword said:
riderz13371 said:

That one scene made the whole video, the gun play combinations were just so amazing.

People who are saying this is pre-alpha and rubbish need to go and get their heads look at, as there is obviously something wrong with their eyesight.

Would be amazing if it was only pre-Alpha though, right?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Looks very promising. Graphics are beautiful and gameplay looks like fun.
I watch the video in full HD on IGN, but to bad the quality is still a bit crappy. Seems a lot of details are lots because of it. No doubt it will look stunning playing it on a big ass tv.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

binary solo said:
Madword said:
riderz13371 said:

That one scene made the whole video, the gun play combinations were just so amazing.

People who are saying this is pre-alpha and rubbish need to go and get their heads look at, as there is obviously something wrong with their eyesight.

Would be amazing if it was only pre-Alpha though, right?

Depends on the game, but I would expect it to be alpha until early next year, with it's release date at the end.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

It's really amazing to see how far the series has come since UC1 (direct shots of the original courtesy of GAF):

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 4: A Theif's End

(the UC4 screens are from in-motion video, so are slightly blurred sorry).

Around the Network

I guess we already have the 2015 GOTY. All other games are playing for the silver medal from this moment on...

Zekkyou said:
Materia-Blade said:

it's not an opinion, the downgrade was visible. and their "confirming" has no credibility, since they always say that and it's always pre rendered.

the face shown at the start of the video was more detailed than the in game one, that's why they do all they can to avoid close ups on his face during actual gameplay.

Well apparently it is an opinion, because i disagree :)

It seems you aren't aware of the existence of LOD asset changes (or morphing, if the hardware is strong enough). That's fine, we've only been using them for the last 4 generations. Here's a picture that explains it simply:

The closer you are to an object, the higher the quality.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how ND managed to transition perfectly from pre-rendered to real-time footage. That would be really damn impressive. Developers would kill for that kind of tech ^^

On a side note, can you show me a single example of ND claiming the pre-render cutscenes in UC1, 2, 3 or TLOU are running in real time?

Facts aren't opinions.

this:

Is a clear downgrade from the E3 teaser, especially the hair:

ND said the teaser was in game graphics while admiting they used pre rendered scenes on previous uncharteds, but today's footage prooved they were lying again. the video starts with a pre rendered model to make drake's face look more detailed, although it's already less detailed than the teaser. but then AT THE 0:44, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE TRANSITION to actual in game graphics, with drake's face conviniently not visible (so that the transition isn't easily perceived). but you can check multiple parts of the video where drake's face show up for a moment and is clearly less detailed than at the start of the video.

So, it's basically: E3 teaser = pre rendred graphics that were superior than the starting cutscene of today's footage (wich was also pre rendered). and the opening cutscene is more detailed than the actual gameplay that follows. check for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SH-g8ykw4

In the end, the game's graphics are very detailed, with visible imperfections and lacking a wow factor, just like many other games. but most importantly, the graphics are clearly bellow the deceiving pre rendered scenes.

Materia-Blade said:
Zekkyou said:

Well apparently it is an opinion, because i disagree :)

It seems you aren't aware of the existence of LOD asset changes (or morphing, if the hardware is strong enough). That's fine, we've only been using them for the last 4 generations. Here's a picture that explains it simply:

The closer you are to an object, the higher the quality.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how ND managed to transition perfectly from pre-rendered to real-time footage. That would be really damn impressive. Developers would kill for that kind of tech ^^

On a side note, can you show me a single example of ND claiming the pre-render cutscenes in UC1, 2, 3 or TLOU are running in real time?

Facts aren't opinions.

this:

Is a clear downgrade from the E3 teaser, especially the hair:

ND said the teaser was in game graphics while admiting they used pre rendered scenes on previous uncharteds, but today's footage prooved they were lying again. the video starts with a pre rendered model to make drake's face look more detailed, although it's already less detailed than the teaser. but then AT THE 0:44, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE TRANSITION to actual in game graphics, with drake's face conviniently not visible (so that the transition isn't easily perceived). but you can check multiple parts of the video where drake's face show up for a moment and is clearly less detailed than at the start of the video.

So, it's basically: E3 teaser = pre rendred graphics that were superior than the starting cutscene of today's footage (wich was also pre rendered). and the opening cutscene is more detailed than the actual gameplay that follows. check for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SH-g8ykw4

In the end, the game's graphics are very detailed, with visible imperfections and lacking a wow factor, just like many other games. but most importantly, the graphics are clearly bellow the deceiving pre rendered scenes.

Perhaps you are confusing "in game graphics" with game engine? You can make a pre-rendered cut scene using CGI tech unrelated to the game, or using the game engine, but massively upgrading resolution AA etc because it's pre-rendered. My recollection of the E3 trailer was they used the game engine to make the scene, but it wasn't in-game rendered in real time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Zekkyou said:

It's really amazing to see how far the series has come since UC1 (direct shots of the original courtesy of GAF):

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 4: A Theif's End

(the UC4 screens are from in-motion video, so are slightly blurred sorry).

Those comparisons also show how DF still looks pretty good for an early PS3 game.

Jimi Hendrix

This is my second most anticipated game only overcomed by MGS V. Looks fucking amazing.