By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583
riderz13371 said:
foodfather said:
Why do Uncharted reveals always start off with ''platforming'' sections when they are the most gormless platforming sections of any series in recent memory. ND have much, much to learn on this department. I take it they didn't have a copy of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition lying around the office. Grapple/rope thing seems kinda cool though.

Overall looked very pre-alpha stage. Not sure why they bothered showing it at all.

To give people an idea of what the game will be? I mean shit let's start shitting on devs who give you early footage of their game so you can give them some feedback.

You people are so ridiculous sometimes.

I like how people blame for a trailer and want gameplay, and when gameplay is show they blame xD similar to what its happening with the zelda gameplay from yesterday.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Twilord said:
I gotta ask something - what is with the 'gotta be huge' thing that seem omnipresent in games lately?

I mean this looks fantastic, Zelda looks fantastic, Xenoblade looks fantastic... but why do games seem so interested in being so big?

maybe because if they go back to simply being linear games they will get shitted on like the Order. (i know people has some other complaints like the quicktime events but its mostly just for how linear it is).

i personally dont have a problem with linear games (it is afterall just a desing choice), but the general public seems to dislike them as of late.

Well to be fair Zelda has always been associated with open-world ideals...  but the scope of it is mind-blowing to look at and its rare to see Nintendo following an industry trend. I feel like their is some big reason I'm missing.

Besides EAD and Naughty Dog are often considered studios where 'the vision' takes the lead, so its not like we're talking about EA/Ubi/Activision here.

riderz13371 said:

Yeah very much like the Tomb Raider version. I loved the little holes they made when he used it and the big slice on the rock when he jumped from a distance and it didn't quite get a good hold on the rock.

I love little details like that and ND are really good at doing it. When it's there you barely notice it but when it's not you feel like something is missing in the game. At least thats what I feel like.

yeah that is one of their biggest strenghts (like how drake gets all that dirt on him when he slides down that mud), and sadly most people dont seem to notice them, but i bet you they would complain if they werent there.

riderz13371 said:
Twilord said:
riderz13371 said:
Twilord said:
I gotta ask something - what is with the 'gotta be huge' thing that seem omnipresent in games lately?

I mean this looks fantastic, Zelda looks fantastic, Xenoblade looks fantastic... but why do games seem so interested in being so big?

What do you mean? Are you talking about the bigger, more open levels?

Yeah. Hell, even the backgrounds in Smash Bros seem to be bizarely hug structures for reason I can't fathom. - I'm trying to analysis it from a designers perspective because I'm a student of game design - well more of an indie I guess, I have some simple projects I'm working towards and am currently between courses.

Well I can't speak for the other games, but from Uncharted's standpoint I think you can actually go to those locations in the background. It's sort of foreshadowing places you'll be going to as you progress through the game.

The first Xenoblade did that and Zelda has effectively already promised the same. Thanks for mentioning that because it REALLY does provide a large clue to me as a designer on part of what they're up to. - It kinda reminds now actually me how Metroid-environments back in the day were often claimed as being huge when, if you look at the actual map, they're pretty reasonable. :)

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

That one scene made the whole video, the gun play combinations were just so amazing.

People who are saying this is pre-alpha and rubbish need to go and get their heads look at, as there is obviously something wrong with their eyesight.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

WOW this is so shocking, how come some people are not impressed.. this is impossible.. UC4 is doomed :D

saw this during the conference and had to make a video about it

its just for fun so no one ge huffy puffy about it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMvxUNkzEsU&feature=youtu.be

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

drakes model looks good but that environment looks outstanding/sexy... did they say the framerate,i remember hearing once they were going for 60,are they still shooting for that?

Madword said:
riderz13371 said:

That one scene made the whole video, the gun play combinations were just so amazing.

People who are saying this is pre-alpha and rubbish need to go and get their heads look at, as there is obviously something wrong with their eyesight.

Just typical jealous bitter anti sony banter. Ignore it.

Thanks jlmurph!